Best headphones for electronic music?
Feb 25, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #31 of 45
Quote:
I encountered them while making my research. Unfortunately the bass thing disqualifies them for me:frowning2:

I agree, they're good for guitar, vocals, and jazz.

Which drowns them out is the bass. They have no punch power in bass at all, but tighter bass which makes sound very different than other headphones.

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:19 AM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Yes  and I had he-400 too.

For EDM , IMO he-400 is better for ambient, Downtempo and some Dubstep due to its fastness and overall clarity. Sig pro is the best when a more meaty sound is needed . Sig pro is more "realistic" and intimate. SP and he400 bass are equal in quantity and quality but different . Spacious and clear with he-400 , bodied  energetic and lively with Sig pro.

For example.  take this Infected Mushroom track :

With he-400 it seems you can hear and visualize noise from everywhere in soundstage, you can contemplate and follow sound objects very precisely as you can observ Little fish in an aquarium. it's really an impressive show but....

With an Ultrasone Sig pro.. ( and  I think is even more true for pro2900 or 900) , you didn't observe a little distant magnificent show anymore.. you' re plunged into the Music. Bass begun visceral , you feel physically the Music and overal sound become less sparkly but more realistic, more meaty

So , it's why I like more the he-400 for more relaxed listening of Ambient/Downtempo and Sig pro to really get a more lively experience.  IMO it's a matter of preference . it depends too o f what your listen to besides EDM.  For Rock/Metal I would choose he-400 . For Jazz, Classical , Soul, Funk,...Utrasone Sig pro.

I Hope to be  understandable .
redface.gif

Thanks for the comparison. Infected Mushroom is something I listen too:) According to your description it seems to me HE-400 should suit me better than Ultrasone. Still I would love to listen to Ultrasone to experience the difference myself.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #33 of 45
Quote:
Thanks for the comparison. Infected Mushroom is something I listen too:) According to your description it seems to me HE-400 should suit me better than Ultrasone. Still I would love to listen to Ultrasone to experience the difference myself.

Self experience is the best, here is my Ultrasone comparison: http://www.head-fi.org/t/401879/an-ultrasone-comparison

Apr 5, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #35 of 45
Aside from the other excellent suggestions in this thread, check out the Philips Fidelio X1, they seem to be making big ripples across the headphone world (headfonia and InnerFidelity have both released great reviews of them).

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #36 of 45
I'll echo what many have said.... Pro 900 are the best I've heard for electronic overall. And I think I've about tried all the suggestions by now. Denon's have great sub bass for something like dubstep, but Pro 900 is better otherwise.

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #37 of 45
i happen to own the HD 600's
They are NOT suitable for electronic music!
they are amazing for recordings that have been made using natural instruments
but with artificial ones... NOPE .. if you listen electronic music.. then you are a lucky guy .. you don't need reality sounding cans.. only cans that make recordings sound fun.. try phillips fidelio x2 or anything else that is within your budget

Feb 21, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #39 of 45
  i happen to own the HD 600's
They are NOT suitable for electronic music!
they are amazing for recordings that have been made using natural instruments
but with artificial ones... NOPE .. if you listen electronic music.. then you are a lucky guy .. you don't need reality sounding cans.. only cans that make recordings sound fun.. try phillips fidelio x2 or anything else that is within your budget

Unfortunately yours is just one data point - and based on one persons preference.  It's probably also assuming that electronic music lovers are all about the bass slam and nothing else.  I also happen to own the HD600 (among other headphones), and I love them with electronic music. But I'm not a huge bass lover (quantity only) - and much prefer quality and balance over impact and slam.  I might be in the minority here - but I guess it shows that making blanket statements about what is and isn't good for a certain genre all comes down to taste at the end of the day.  In fact I probably enjoy the HD600 even more than my T1 with electronic.

For me - the great thing about the HD600 is that they are true all-rounders.  For me, they play everything well.

Welcome to Head-Fi BTW

Feb 21, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #40 of 45
I'm really liking my AD1000x with electronic and industrial and metal. More bass and impact than AD900x, supposed to be about the same as AD2000x. I have an Ultrasone pro 750 and like the warmth and spaciousness of the AD1000x much better.

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #42 of 45
Unfortunately yours is just one data point - and based on one persons preference.  It's probably also assuming that electronic music lovers are all about the bass slam and nothing else.  I also happen to own the HD600 (among other headphones), and I love them with electronic music. But I'm not a huge bass lover (quantity only) - and much prefer quality and balance over impact and slam.  I might be in the minority here - but I guess it shows that making blanket statements about what is and isn't good for a certain genre all comes down to taste at the end of the day.  In fact I probably enjoy the HD600 even more than my T1 with electronic.

For me - the great thing about the HD600 is that they are true all-rounders.  For me, they play everything well.

Welcome to Head-Fi BTW

If I'm listening to electronic music such as Tim Hecker, whose production is layered, enveloping and just breathes around you then the HD650 works a treat. Same with the LCD2. LCD2 is killer on any high quality electronic music. I stay away from the EDM stuff. It's a wall of noise and simple chords. I do listen to my own guilty pleasure of electronic music which is psy trance. The 7550 are absolutely stellar for this.

The 7520 are also very good, for pretty much everything. I'd say they would rock most with house music.

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #43 of 45
DT 770 on a budget, DT 1770 for rich kids. :)

Very nice, because closed = "good" bass that goes down very deep. Better on the 1770, no doubt.

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #44 of 45
Hello music lovers. I need yours advise for new headphones. I will try to describe a little bit what i'm looking for. I lisen elektronic musik more deep house, tech house, melodic techno and so on i want from headphones smooth,deep,soft bass. How strength would like? 6-7/10 (in ten-point system) I like when a slightly more highs, but that is not whack too many ears it is also important that all very fine detail sounds heard very well. Headphones will use only the simple question at home, not in the studio. Now i have Bose SoundTrue Ultra In-Ear and sennnheiser HD448 and i like the sound of both this head/ear phones. But HD dosn't have enough and deep bass bose has enough bass but something not enough :) Ok Going back to the desired new headphones, it's should be low something like my HD448 and my budget is 350$
Please Advise me and give me the opportunity to make myrself really good and appropriate Christmas gift :) I understand here already discussed about this but I find it hard to decide, in addition to my English is very poor and this complicates too..

My soundcloud: Wilius D.

Thank you and good night :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back