Best headphones for EDM/gaming?
Sep 14, 2020 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

taconpaco

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I've been looking to upgrade my headphone setup. I listen to EDM and play games, so I'm looking for headphones with an exciting and clear sound, with a decent/good soundstage.

I recently purchased the DT990 600ohm headphones and the murder treble gives me a headache, so I'm going to be returning them and look for another option. I was considering the DT1990 but I've heard the treble can be quite intense with those as well so I'm think I'm going to stay away from Beyer for now.

I've been doing research but I'm mostly going in circles, I've looked at the Sennheiser HD series, particulary the hd58x, which I heard was good for EDM due to its bass. I also looked at the hd600 series particularity the hd600 and hd660. I'm also heard of the Ananda (which I've heard may be uncomfortable) and the Arya, as well as the hd800s, though I've heard hd800s don't perform that great for EDM. Also heard lots of people talk about the Audeze headphones.

So, as I said, I'm looking for the headphones out of these (or others) that will perform the best for exciting EDM music and gaming, with good bass, treble and soundstage. Please help me understand which will work best for me. Thank you!!

Btw, I'm currently using an o2+odac, though I can upgrade if need be.

Sep 14, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #2 of 2
First off, it is worth the effort to listen to all these headphones if you can without buying/ordering them first. If you can't do that, I would rule out the HD600 unless you already have some experience with EQ and you plan to use it with these as well. They have a rolled of bass and also a slight mid bass hump which typically isn't great for the genre.

I've been using the HD600 for years and I listen to a lot of electronic music but I've only kept them because I found it easy to get the bass where I wanted it to be and I was very happy with the rest of its sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back