Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
May 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #723 of 736
Hmm, well it seems like the ws99's dont have enough bass for me.

Don't have enough bass wah???? These things have about the same amount as the dt770 except the don't go into the mids. I said the dt770s have too much bass because the headphones simply aren't capable of pulling it off. I promise you there's enough bass, with more bass than the mdr 1r, and fidelio l1.
bolth of thos dont have a lot of bass lol

May 8, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #724 of 736
I have EQd HD558s to be basshead enough for the whole basshead club :)

+1
I boosted the subbass (+2@200 hz, 0@100 hz, +6@80hz and +12@50hz) and it sounds really amazing with tiesto's elements of life.
Though normally i just have the subbass boosted to+6.

May 9, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #727 of 736
Yes. Enough for hip hop, dub, etc. No question. Amp it and you get even more bass. This is the only headphone I can actually normally not use eq. I'm usually boosting the bass and highs on other cans but these work nicely.

For rock, I boost the highs.

May 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #728 of 736
Quote:
Yes. Enough for hip hop, dub, etc. No question. Amp it and you get even more bass. This is the only headphone I can actually normally not use eq. I'm usually boosting the bass and highs on other cans but these work nicely.

For rock, I boost the highs.

Mkay, so the WS99's are definitely on my list...

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #731 of 736
I got a pair of m50s recently, and I make trap (beats, not the edm). I can say they are fantastic; however, I haven't tried the sony's as I am looking for all around flatness with a bass that can still boom, and the m50s get the job done for me. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #732 of 736
Everyone here will hate me for this but....I would recommend these. I have a pair because I thought "what the hell, its only $100" (link to them on amazon here) and I was /very/ surprised. Although I will admit the company has issues with quality control (you might get a bust pair and have to send them back and get new ones (but amazon makes this easy)) these things have been great! I am a dubstep guy myself and I also mix occasionally  and these are the absolute best I've heard yet. The bass in them is unbelievable (mainly due to the fact that one of the two speakers in each ear is in a bandpass box) and they aren't "muddy". They reproduce cleanly and sharply but with massive low end power.

These aren't conventional audiophile headphones but they are my headphones of choice and I /won't/ be changing any time soon.

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #733 of 736
I borrowed a friends M50s for about a week and I cant see how anyone wears them for longer than an hour.  To me they were almost as uncomfortable as the Sennheiser HD280s (and those are a torture device).  I -wanted- to take the M50s off after about an hour of listening.  My ears were also wet with sweat.  Sound-wise they were pretty nice though.

Feb 5, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #735 of 736
  I borrowed a friends M50s for about a week and I cant see how anyone wears them for longer than an hour.  To me they were almost as uncomfortable as the Sennheiser HD280s (and those are a torture device).  I -wanted- to take the M50s off after about an hour of listening.  My ears were also wet with sweat.  Sound-wise they were pretty nice though.

The m50's are extremely comfortable imo, and I have huge ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back