Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Mar 17, 2013 at 8:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 736

Heitek

100+ Head-Fier
Hai 'phoners!

I am currently looking for a new set of headphones under $165 that are decent for Dubstep and Trap, and if possible Electronic in general. I want them to have a clear and crisp, yet punchy bass. I want them to have a feel to the *wub* and *erwe* you get in Dubstep. I also want them to have a good overall sound quality, with the excellent bass. I want them to be comfortable for atleast 2-3 hours each listening session.

Help me out here, interneteers.

EDIT: I currently have the Hesh 2's. Their headband has horrendous comfort.

Mar 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 736
Here's three you might want to consider. These are known for their Bass and overall sound quality for the price.  These are "basshead' headphones with a LOT of Bass, but decent quality Bass and they are are all about a hundred bucks or less. To get into something significantly better you'd probably have to go up to the $300.00 range like the Vmoda M-100 or Pro 900. If you want something with less Bass and more detailed mids and highs, there are many contenders in the Sennheiser lineup and I'm sure those guys will probably chime in. I listen to the same type of music and I prefer a Headphones that lend themselves towards the Bassier side. 

1. M-Audio Q40
4. Sony XB 500 
5. Nuforce HP800

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 736
It sounds like the Beyerdynamic DT770 70 Ohms fit your requirements perfectly. Bass boosted, one of the most comfortable headphones out there, and you can find them new within your price range.

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #5 of 736
Quote:
Try the Audio Technica - M50
smily_headphones1.gif
Have alot of bass quantity and very clear highs. Slightly warm mids but that is going to compliment dubstep and trap
biggrin.gif

I'm really thinking about those 'cans. But what makes me not entirely sure they're good for my needs is that some people think the M50's are just bad for their price. But I still think the M50's will do the job.

1. Audio Technica M-50's
2. Sony XB500
3. (?) SkullCandy Crushers (?)

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #6 of 736
The skullcrushers won't give you the bass you want. Just a very dark and warm noise with not much detail or clarity. I know they look cool but they will let you down! With all skullcandy headphones.

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #7 of 736
Not sure if the M50 is bassy enough to be deemed a bassy headphone though.

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #8 of 736
I've done some extensive A/B side by side testing with the XB500's and M50's with dubstep before and I think that there's no comparrison, the XB500's bass feels like 15 inch subwoofers in your ears, pretty crazy experience.  The M50's however, would definitely be the better overall headphones for all types of music.  If you're gonna be listening to dubstep though, then the XB500's wins hands down, and would be the much better value considering it's going to be about half the price of the M50's if not even cheaper.

Mar 18, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #9 of 736
Quote:
The skullcrushers won't give you the bass you want. Just a very dark and warm noise with not much detail or clarity. I know they look cool but they will let you down! With all skullcandy headphones.

I was talking about the "Crushers", not the "SkullCrushers". Look it up for more information.

Originally Posted by GaryPham /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've done some extensive A/B side by side testing with the XB500's and M50's with dubstep before and I think that there's no comparrison, the XB500's bass feels like 15 inch subwoofers in your ears, pretty crazy experience.  The M50's however, would definitely be the better overall headphones for all types of music.  If you're gonna be listening to dubstep though, then the XB500's wins hands down, and would be the much better value considering it's going to be about half the price of the M50's if not even cheaper.

So really the XB500's would deliver good sound quality and pounding bass at mid volumes?

P.S. If you could compare the Hesh 2's and the XB500's/M-50's, that would be nice.

Mar 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #13 of 736
Skullcandy in general is only for style. Worse then beats and that is bad... ahaha but get yourself some good quality cans! You'll be suprised by the bass and quality presented.
I would sell the hesh for some extra money to afford something really worth your money

Mar 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #15 of 736
Quote:
They have a very rich bass and it is very present and almost bloated. Very balanced though, only effecting the mids slightly.

Well but the thing is OP want's a lot of bass, so while the M50 is significantly bassy, it is not basshead bassy enough i feel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back