Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Mar 19, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #17 of 736
Quote:
Well but the thing is OP want's a lot of bass, so while the M50 is significantly bassy, it is not basshead bassy enough i feel.

Now remember, I want the most bass (that doesn't drown out the mids/highs, and overall sound quality) that is under $165.

Originally Posted by -xX-Mew-Xx- /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would sell the hesh for some extra money to afford something really worth your money.

Hmm, that would be a good idea actually...

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #18 of 736
Quote:
Large bass quantity while maintaining premium quality comes with a hefty price these days.

Looking at your icon, the AKG K618 were actually very good for the price if you want bass.  Downside was that there was so much bass that it became slightly boomy.  The mids however sounded great and not too recessed.   Another con was the fit because the hinge rested on my head and started to hurt after a while.
Driver transplant waiting to happen, and I wouldn't mind for the price.

Mar 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #21 of 736
XB 500 should be good for you if you want thunderouus bass with an okay all the rest.

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #23 of 736
Quote:
People have been saying that the XB500's would be excellent for Dubstep music and Electronic music in general. Would this be true?

yup. this is very true.

buy one now while you can still get them at a reasonable price, they're discontinued.

word to the wise, if you do end up getting these, be careful with how you amp them and eq them. I've owned 3 separate pairs and I've blown out the drivers on 3 separate pairs :frowning2:

feels bad man.

Mar 20, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #24 of 736
Quote:
yup. this is very true.

buy one now while you can still get them at a reasonable price, they're discontinued.

word to the wise, if you do end up getting these, be careful with how you amp them and eq them. I've owned 3 separate pairs and I've blown out the drivers on 3 separate pairs :frowning2:

feels bad man.

Three questions...

1. So how would they sound with Dubstep and Trap without EQ'ing them?

2. Where can I get the XB500's with padding on the headband? Or do they always come with padding?

3. I saw some on Amazon for $74.99. I don't think they're on sale, so maybe I don't have to rush?

Mar 20, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #25 of 736
Three questions...

1. So how would they sound with Dubstep and Trap without EQ'ing them?

2. Where can I get the XB500's with padding on the headband? Or do they always come with padding?

3. I saw some on Amazon for $74.99. I don't think they're on sale, so maybe I don't have to rush?

1. EQing em' will bring out the certain sounds.
2. I think so. Never had em.
3. Get em asap!

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #26 of 736
I know I'll get crucified for suggesting these, but if you want to stay within budget, the V-Moda Crossfade LPs are a solid choice. A lot of people are recommending the XB 500, and while they're great, the extra $50 for the Crossfade LPs is a worthy investment. Their bass is nice and defined, and the overall sound sig suits EDM better than any headphone I've ever heard (although I have yet to hear the HE-400). And if you're willing to stretch your budget a few dollars, the DT-770 are an incredible set of basshead cans. Also very forgiving to other genres. 

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #30 of 736
Quote:
1. EQing em' will bring out the certain sounds.
2. I think so. Never had em.
3. Get em asap!

To question 3, will the price of the XB500's ever go up? Or is that the normal price for them on Amazon.

Originally Posted by wes008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know I'll get crucified for suggesting these, but if you want to stay within budget, the V-Moda Crossfade LPs are a solid choice. A lot of people are recommending the XB 500, and while they're great, the extra $50 for the Crossfade LPs is a worthy investment. Their bass is nice and defined, and the overall sound sig suits EDM better than any headphone I've ever heard (although I have yet to hear the HE-400). And if you're willing to stretch your budget a few dollars, the DT-770 are an incredible set of basshead cans. Also very forgiving to other genres.

So why exactly are the V-Moda Crossfade LPs better than the XB500? What makes the extra 50 smackers worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back