Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Apr 18, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #482 of 736
Wait, so...

i AM supposed to download something else? I am completely lost. Do you need like a plug-in (e.g. foobar2000, winamp) for Electri-Q to run or what?

Depends on what yu want to use. Inbuilt 10 band eq ia already included. Electrif-q needs sepeate download

Apr 18, 2013 at 1:18 PM Post #484 of 736
Hai 'phoners!

I am currently looking for a new set of headphones under $165 that are decent for Dubstep and Trap, and if possible Electronic in general. I want them to have a clear and crisp, yet punchy bass. I want them to have a feel to the *wub* and *erwe* you get in Dubstep. I also want them to have a good overall sound quality, with the excellent bass. I want them to be comfortable for atleast 2-3 hours each listening session.

Help me out here, interneteers.

EDIT: I currently have the Hesh 2's. Their headband has horrendous comfort.

uhh vmoda LP2/m100
ALLLLL THE WAY they pretty much run the trap

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #486 of 736
Quote:

Do you mean my source of music? (e.g. Spotify, iTunes, etc.)

No, as in the eq software that you want to use.
Winamp (or foobar or practically almost any player out there) has an inbuilt eq, electri-q is an aditional piece of software that is used from winamp player, i am not sure what else it would work for though. But i suggest to just use the 10 band first if since its easier.

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #487 of 736
Quote:
No, as in the eq software that you want to use.
Winamp (or foobar or practically almost any player out there) has an inbuilt eq, electri-q is an aditional piece of software that is used from winamp player, i am not sure what else it would work for though. But i suggest to just use the 10 band first if since its easier.

So...I don't fully understand you, but I'm gonna pass a few questions.

So I need to download Winamp, and then you can use Electri-Q with that?

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #488 of 736
Electri-Q is a VST plugin, the free version is buggy and crashes. You need a player that supports VST's. Winamp, Foobar2K, JRiver etc... You put the DLL in the VST folder and tell your player through it's VST interface where it is. In Foobar2K you launch it from DSP add-ons. I'd stick with the built in one first as was suggested earlier. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #490 of 736
If you look in the Dolby Headphone thread here, there is a premade version of Foobar2K already set up with everything you need. Just extract it to a folder on your desktop and run it. Can't link from phone but RPGWizard put the package together.

Apr 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #491 of 736
Quote:
If you look in the Dolby Headphone thread here, there is a premade version of Foobar2K already set up with everything you need. Just extract it to a folder on your desktop and run it. Can't link from phone but RPGWizard put the package together.

Can you link me to that thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back