Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Apr 12, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #302 of 736
Surprised you haven't bought a headphone yet.

If I were you I'd consider:
1. Dt770pro80 with a cheap small amp
2. Tma-1
3. Pro700 mk2

The COP's are hollow sounding headphones, avoid.

Apr 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #304 of 736
I blame you, Heitek. :wink:

I stopped in Guitar Center and saw the DT 770 80 ohms on sale for $199. They are now in the other room in my house breaking in at this moment. LOL

Apr 12, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #305 of 736
Quote:
I blame you, Heitek.
wink.gif

I stopped in Guitar Center and saw the DT 770 80 ohms on sale for $199. They are now in the other room in my house breaking in at this moment. LOL

Did you go to one in Georgia? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #306 of 736
Did you go to one in Georgia? 
biggrin.gif

Georgia? No. I blame you because I've been following this thread and feel like I have to try them. :)

I won't keep them unless they are significantly better than the HFI-780s I have. The 780s are much more portable because they fold up nicely, and I use them when I travel.

But first impressions? Definitely very nice. The bass is quite clean. I also like that the bass emphasis doesn't hump over into the lower mids like on many headphones.

Check your local Guitar Center. Worth picking up to give them a listen.

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM Post #307 of 736
Quote:
Georgia? No. I blame you because I've been following this thread and feel like I have to try them.
smily_headphones1.gif

I won't keep them unless they are significantly better than the HFI-780s I have. The 780s are much more portable because they fold up nicely, and I use them when I travel.

But first impressions? Definitely very nice. The bass is quite clean. I also like that the bass emphasis doesn't hump over into the lower mids like on many headphones.

Check your local Guitar Center. Worth picking up to give them a listen.

Alright. Did they have them on display when you were at your Guitar Center?

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #310 of 736
Quote:
I blame you, Heitek.
wink.gif

Good choice! If you enjoy your Ultrasones, I cant guarantee you'll like them better, but they are such good closed cans. I wore them in public once though, I do not recommend it :p 

Apr 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #311 of 736
Dubstep may be like instrumental rap and hippity hop. but i dont think headphones with muddy bass is something for anything.

I own the Sony XB500, a great can for its value; though, i think they are really bassy... too bassy... its SS is not in my taste but they're a fun can to listen to if you can manage the bass.

another gem i like is my Sony MDR-V6, i think this is best suited for you as it is ALSO great for the money. people state its Bass is not too muddling, and more in a musical bass like.
but i really like listening to Dubstep, DnB, Trip, Glitch, junglist, etc with these cans. nothing is too drowned out so you will hear a good layer of music.

though i can tell you to trust buying genuine MDR-V6's at Amazon.com under the dealer: AmazonLLC.

the 2 cans i listed are both great for the money, best under 100$! and im sure many people will understand here.

Apr 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #312 of 736
Quote:
Dubstep may be like instrumental rap and hippity hop. but i dont think headphones with muddy bass is something for anything.

I own the Sony XB500, a great can for its value; though, i think they are really bassy... too bassy... its SS is not in my taste but they're a fun can to listen to if you can manage the bass.

another gem i like is my Sony MDR-V6, i think this is best suited for you as it is ALSO great for the money. people state its Bass is not too muddling, and more in a musical bass like.
but i really like listening to Dubstep, DnB, Trip, Glitch, junglist, etc with these cans. nothing is too drowned out so you will hear a good layer of music.

though i can tell you to trust buying genuine MDR-V6's at Amazon.com under the dealer: AmazonLLC.

the 2 cans i listed are both great for the money, best under 100$! and im sure many people will understand here.

I've heard bad things about the Sony MDR-V6's comfort. Would the Beyerdynamic Earcushions (The ones you can get included on Amazon) fix that problem?

Also, how bad does the Sony MDR-XB500's bass drown out/recess the mids and highs? Would it still be great for dubstep, moombahton, electro, and trap? I'm just clarifying so everyone knows. I want the same amount of bass as on the Crossfade LPs (or more), maybe a notch lower if I HAVE to. I guess with Dubstep the upper mids and highs don't matter much? Or...

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #313 of 736
I've heard bad things about the Sony MDR-V6's comfort. Would the Beyerdynamic Earcushions (The ones you can get included on Amazon) fix that problem?

It makes a big difference whether or not you are going to spend $100 or $200. The Sony MDR-V6s are excellent headphone for under $100. But there are better for the <$200 range. Might be easier to decide if you make a firm commitment on your budget.

And yes. The Beyer pads do improve the comfort.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #314 of 736
Good choice! If you enjoy your Ultrasones, I cant guarantee you'll like them better, but they are such good closed cans. I wore them in public once though, I do not recommend it :p 

So far, I'm liking what I hear. Not sure I will like them better than the HFI-780s, but I totally get why people love these.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #315 of 736
Quote:
It makes a big difference whether or not you are going to spend $100 or $200. The Sony MDR-V6s are excellent headphone for under $100. But there are better for the <$200 range. Might be easier to decide if you make a firm commitment on your budget.

And yes. The Beyer pads do improve the comfort.

Alrighty. I'm putting my foot down on the $210 budget. The best under that for what my tastes are, I will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back