Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Apr 3, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #212 of 736
Quote:
Hmm, kind of dissapointed in these 'cans... :C

So I've spent about a total of 10 hours listening to these, but they still haven't shined out their treble and mids. Should I wait a little longer? :/

They won't. Well, they won't become much more upfront. You can condition yourself to like the comparatively recessed mids and treble, but it won't actually be more upfront.

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #214 of 736
Quote:
I'd say no. Ultrasone HFI-580 should be a good choice for you

If you like splinters in your ear. EQ may be able to fix the strident treble though. I thought the Beyer dt990 pros as well as the Hfi2400 were great for trap and dub while I had them. If you need isolation I suspect the TMA-1 would fit the bill.

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #215 of 736
Quote:

So I've spent about a total of 10 hours listening to these, but they still haven't shined out their treble and mids. Should I wait a little longer? :/

Dang, went from loving them to hating them so quickly? I'll say it right now: You're gonna have to expand your budget if you want strong bass AND omnipresent mids and highs. Honestly you won't get exactly that without going into the thousand dollar range. There is a lot that can get you close though! You might like the Sennheiser HD 600 or 650, but those are $400-$600, and you'll need a good amp to bring out the bass. While I haven't tried them myself, the Hifiman HE-400 might be a good candidate as well, if you need to save money ($400, and can run well off of a cheap amp). The old-school Denons are awesome, but their prices are climbing quickly, now that they're discontinued.  Welcome to Head-Fi 
beerchug.gif

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #216 of 736
Dang, went from loving them to hating them so quickly? I'll say it right now: You're gonna have to expand your budget if you want strong bass AND omnipresent mids and highs. Honestly you won't get exactly that without going into the thousand dollar range. There is a lot that can get you close though! You might like the Sennheiser HD 600 or 650, but those are $400-$600, and you'll need a good amp to bring out the bass. While I haven't tried them myself, the Hifiman HE-400 might be a good candidate as well, if you need to save money ($400, and can run well off of a cheap amp). The old-school Denons are awesome, but their prices are climbing quickly, now that they're discontinued.  Welcome to Head-Fi 
beerchug.gif

Alright, seriously. Has anyone that has posted on this thread tried any of the SkullCandy's Supreme Sound headphones? Supreme Sound sounds awesome, atleast too me. Maybe I just got cheated with the V-MODA's? I don't know what is wrong...

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #217 of 736
Quote:
Alright, seriously. Has anyone that has posted on this thread tried any of the SkullCandy's Supreme Sound headphones? Supreme Sound sounds awesome, atleast too me. Maybe I just got cheated with the V-MODA's? I don't know what is wrong...

I have used the Aviators, the Hesh, and the Hesh 2. Do you like your Hesh 2 more than the Crossfade LP?

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #219 of 736
Quote:

not sure. play some pink/white noise for a little and see if that helps. let it go for the record that I did not recommend them...

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #220 of 736
Quote:
Yes, I do like my Hesh 2's more than my Crossfade LPs currently. Although the Hesh 2's could use more bass, like the LP gives.

Send 'em back! You can then either stick with your Hesh 2s, or try again. You came into a bump in the road of your journey to hi-fi, don't let it discourage you! You'll find what you like eventually. Although you may have already found that in the Hesh 2. Pro tip though: start saving, then you can freely try headphones.

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #221 of 736
If you like splinters in your ear. EQ may be able to fix the strident treble though. I thought the Beyer dt990 pros as well as the Hfi2400 were great for trap and dub while I had them. If you need isolation I suspect the TMA-1 would fit the bill.

Hey he wanted treble :p

I've heard that TMA-1 sounds sort of like pro700s. And while my pair has gotten a bit brighter after about a week they're still dark sounding bass heavy phones though.

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #222 of 736
Send 'em back! You can then either stick with your Hesh 2s, or try again. You came into a bump in the road of your journey to hi-fi, don't let it discourage you! You'll find what you like eventually. Although you may have already found that in the Hesh 2. Pro tip though: start saving, then you can freely try headphones.

The comfort on the Hesh 2's is bad though :I

I'm open to any more suggestions btw...

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #223 of 736
Quote:
The comfort on the Hesh 2's is bad though :I

Salvation: http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Leatherette-Universal-Sennheiser-Beyerdynamic/dp/B00862522A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365038569&sr=8-1&keywords=beyerdynamic+headband
These come on the DT 770, 880, and 990. Slap it on your Hesh 2 and get the sound you want without that obnoxious unpadded headband. If the earpads bother you too, get some Beyerdynamic velour pads, those are soooooooooffffttttt :) 

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #224 of 736
Salvation: http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Leatherette-Universal-Sennheiser-Beyerdynamic/dp/B00862522A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365038569&sr=8-1&keywords=beyerdynamic+headband
ir

These come on the DT 770, 880, and 990. Slap it on your Hesh 2 and get the sound you want without that obnoxious unpadded headband. If the earpads bother you too, get some Beyerdynamic velour pads, those are soooooooooffffttttt :) 

Well, I'm still not sure if I love or hate the V-MODA's. I'll think about it the next few days/weeks.

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #225 of 736
do you need any special headphones for this genre?  anything with massive bass will work so any of the popular headphones would work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back