Best Headphones for Audiophiles with Tinnitus | Moon Audio
Jan 29, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #16 of 20
Also speakers, even just monitors at my computer, or in the car where I’ve installed focals in the front doors, are easier than headphones while listening, but seem to impact my ears the most. So it’s not necessarily open vs closed to watch out for first as others have said here. I agree with that. Some have said all ba drivers in iem’s have helped them. Maybe resolve’s research into air gap frequency response or measured dynamics can contribute more to this topic in the future
Wow you have Focal door speakers in your car, same as myself and I can‘t really listen to it much, I need to keep the volume quite low so it does not give me problems. I thought it was more a question of air tightness in the car but finally maybe it’s the tonality of those Focal speakers or the system driving them, I have an Audison kit.

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #17 of 20
I have the auditor 5.25” speakers up front, the cheaper ones but sending alot of watts to them. I think its more just down to larger speakers this is in a 1992 jeep xj which isn’t exactly insulated there’s alot of space in that car and it lets water in, so it’s not very tight/sealed lol. Perhaps alot of reflections bc it’s square shaped but the speakers are all the way down by my feet. In my experience the larger the transducer even if further away, the more risk. I was at a capitals game last week and in the nosebleeds the speakers were so loud I actually put my iems in

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #18 of 20
Hello,

You could try an R2R dac that is not over-exaggerated in the treble range and is also a little more relaxed in tonality and offers more flow when you listen with headphones, just as a suggestion.
I have recently started using the R26 from Gustard and it is a balm to my ears.

The other thing of course is that everyone reacts differently to tinnitus and it is not automatically the same for everyone.
That's why you have to test a lot yourself and decide what grounds you and what doesn't and can be a long journey.
Nevertheless, it is good to know what helps and what doesn't.
In my necklace I still use a Zmf Auteur which also sounds super relaxed and right in my ear and does good without ringing or anything like that.

About the Focal speaker, it sounds like it has quite a lot of energy.
I remember from the old car hi-fi days that certain speakers were rather suboptimal in various vehicles.

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #19 of 20
I have the auditor 5.25” speakers up front, the cheaper ones but sending alot of watts to them. I think its more just down to larger speakers this is in a 1992 jeep xj which isn’t exactly insulated there’s alot of space in that car and it lets water in, so it’s not very tight/sealed lol. Perhaps alot of reflections bc it’s square shaped but the speakers are all the way down by my feet. In my experience the larger the transducer even if further away, the more risk. I was at a capitals game last week and in the nosebleeds the speakers were so loud I actually put my iems in
All that said if we do apples to apples I think its safe to say an aeon open is better for tinnitus than aeon closed, clear better for it than elegia or stellia, etc

Jan 29, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #20 of 20
Hello,

You could try an R2R dac that is not over-exaggerated in the treble range and is also a little more relaxed in tonality and offers more flow when you listen with headphones, just as a suggestion.
I have recently started using the R26 from Gustard and it is a balm to my ears.

The other thing of course is that everyone reacts differently to tinnitus and it is not automatically the same for everyone.
That's why you have to test a lot yourself and decide what grounds you and what doesn't and can be a long journey.
Nevertheless, it is good to know what helps and what doesn't.
In my necklace I still use a Zmf Auteur which also sounds super relaxed and right in my ear and does good without ringing or anything like that.

About the Focal speaker, it sounds like it has quite a lot of energy.
I remember from the old car hi-fi days that certain speakers were rather suboptimal in various vehicles
I do want to try an r2r. I will probably get an atticus eventually or maybe auteur based on zmf’s house sound and how it’s described it sounds right up my alley. I tried a few different 5” speakers in my car, auditor was cheaper and definitely had the most energy, sounded the most neutral. The others I tried were morel’s that were rated like 125watt rms instead 50 or whatever the focals were, and with amp that far outpowers their ceiling the morels distorted and clipped at lower volume than the focals. They were more v-shaped and hardan sounding than the focals as well which were more mid-forward, like the elegia’s kinda

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back