Best Headphones for $100
Jan 31, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #16 of 23

Quote:
I would value your advise not only because your a more senior member of the community but you also have a picture of Legalos who is pretty smart. (or is it just me?) 
I said my musical preferences above so if you can give me some more choices that would be great. 

lol....sorry for the late reply. 

After a bit of research, i've found this for you. 

Please check and let me know, they are great portables. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
Quote:
I would value your advise not only because your a more senior member of the community but you also have a picture of Legalos who is pretty smart. (or is it just me?) 
I said my musical preferences above so if you can give me some more choices that would be great. 

lol....sorry for the late reply. 

After a bit of research, i've found this for you. 

Please check and let me know, they are great portables. 

Aren't they kind of small? They don't have to be portable. I will be using these at home only. I have a pair of cheap fontopias for outdoor use. I'm sorry I didn't say this before but I think after looking at these headphones I prefer the larger ones. If I were to choose between Audio Technica ATH-ES7 and Sennheiser HD 448 what would you recommend? Suggest something else if you have anything in mind. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #19 of 23

Quote:
If I were to choose between Audio Technica ATH-ES7 and Sennheiser HD 448 what would you recommend? Suggest something else if you have anything in mind. 

Okay... i thought you were using them outdoors, from the 2 ones you posted I'd go for the ES7's. 
They have good SQ specially on rock music. 

Some people find them uncomfortable. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #21 of 23
Alright then. I used to have a problem of buying them from an eBay seller but since it was confirmed by zachfeen that these are authentic I'm going to buy them. Then it's final. Audio Technica ATH-ES7. Hopefully they will have stocks when I buy them next Sunday. 
Thanks a whole lot for the help everyone. Y'all were hugely helpful. 

Feb 12, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #22 of 23
The Creative Aurvana Lives are really more Fostex than Creative, it's just oem housing. These are top notch-drivers. 

Feb 12, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #23 of 23
Don't mean to hijack this thread but I pretty much have the same issue and it involves a pair of CALs. 

I had a pair of CAL that lasted about 2 years and were honestly the best headphones I've owned (disclaimer: I've never spent more than $150 on a pair of headphones). I'm not really an audiophile just want something that sounds good out of my ipod (so something that doesn't need an amp). I tried both the Shure SRH440 and the Sennheisher HD280's and were completely unimpressed with both after listening to my CALs. The sound feels lifeless and nowhere near as vibrant as the CALs. 

Is there anything around the 100 dollar range that sounds like the CALs but better (especially in regards to construction and isolation)? I've heard a lot of good things about the ATH-50s but I've read a lot about how great they sound with an amp as opposed to just being for listening on the go. Also would like it to have a decent enough soundstage for gaming, doesn't have to be amazing or anything at least on par with my CAL (so probably something like a 7/10 for gaming)

Might just bite the bullet and pick up another set of my old headphones for $70 because I seriously can't think I can do better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back