Best Headphones for $100
Jan 30, 2011 at 9:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Anti8000

New Head-Fier
Hi guys!

I did see some other threads on this topic but they weren't what I was exactly looking for. 
So I'm looking for some on ear or over year headphones at a price around $100 that I can get to Canada. A headphone with a flat frequency graph would be great because I listen to different kinds of music. A bit of bass wouldn't hurt though.

I was looking at the ATH-ES7s by Audio Technica but they are discontinued. I saw some from the eBay seller patrickandjay. 
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Authentic-NEW-AUDIO-TECHNICA-ATH-ES7-headphones-ipod-/290513085883?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item43a3ede5bb#ht_1473wt_1139
All the people who have bought these have said that they are authentic. But I still am sceptical because they come from eBay. They do look great. Something that is close to their design would be awesome. Specifically something that has metal drums. 

I use an iPhone 4 to listen to music and rarely connect the headphones to a computer. So it's ok if you ignore the computer when you are suggesting what I should buy. 

My max price point is $110 without shipping. Please don't suggest earbuds or in ear headphones. 
These will be my first headphones that are quite expensive. So I hope you guys help me out.

Thanks a lot. This will be a huge help.
gs1000.gif

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #4 of 23
You can give the Shure SRH440s a try. I've seen them for under a hundred at most online retailers. The only thing is that it has a long curly cord. I've used it with an iphone without an amp and it was driven fine.

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 23
mostly R&B, pop, a lot of dance. I don't listen to it would be heavymetal hard rock and country. What does Celine Dion's - I drove all night fall into? I guess that's pop. I listen to that type of music as well. 

If Smallville can tell me who that member is it would be great. I'd like to ask him about them. 

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 23

Quote:
You can give the Shure SRH440s a try. I've seen them for under a hundred at most online retailers. The only thing is that it has a long curly cord. I've used it with an iphone without an amp and it was driven fine.

Those look fine but that cord might be a real pain in the neck. Thanks though. I'd definitely look into it if I don't get any other better choices. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 23
Some more suggestions for ya:

Denon AH-D1100

Sennheiser HD 438, HD 448

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 23

Quote:
There was a member on here who has bought from that seller on eBay and he confirms that he is selling real ES7s. So you can order from him without worry.

I found the member. I just PMed him and hopefully he replies soon. I absolutely love those cans. 

Quote:
Some more suggestions for ya:

Denon AH-D1100

Sennheiser HD 438, HD 448

The Sennheiser HD 448s look amazing. How do they sound? I might consider those. They are 99 in amazon which is good.

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #13 of 23

Quote:
Which kind of music you listen to? please let us know...

I would value your advise not only because your a more senior member of the community but you also have a picture of Legalos who is pretty smart. (or is it just me?) 
I said my musical preferences above so if you can give me some more choices that would be great. 

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #14 of 23
From Jan 31 - Feb 14, Creative Aurvana live are at ~$70 using coupon VALTINES. Shipping is using Amazon, so I think is quite a good deal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back