Best headphones for 100€ (~$150 USD)
Oct 7, 2011 at 11:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

debug96

New Head-Fier
I've been reading you guys for a lot of time, this is my first post, and I hope it's not the last. :3

I'm looking for some new cans, since I will sell my HD668b to a friend. I mainly listen to metal (In Flames, Sonata Arctica, Metallica, Symphony X... etc) and rock (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Deep Purple...), but I also listen to some pop and rap. I've been looking at the Audio-Technica AD700, I like them (yep, like that champagne and bordeaux), but I don't know if there are any better cans or anything else I should consider. My HD668b are my first "high-quality" headphones.

My primary concern is high sound quality, I don't care at all about portability. I also need a long cable if possible (3m). I don't mind if they're closed or open, and I'll be playing lossless FLAC through my computer (X-Fi Bravura + LT1028ACN8, looking forward to get a pair of AD797BRZ). I'm considering the possibility of getting an amplifier if it's completely necessary. My budget is 100€,~$150 USD. I'm from Spain, BTW.

What do you guys recommend me to get? 

Thanks for reading,

Oct 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM Post #2 of 3
There is quite a few good headphones at this price range.

Beyer DT150 (250Ohms)
AD700 as you said.
Sony ZX700 (a hint bright but have punchy bass)
Shure SRH840 (Nice and warm, but pretty heavy on the head and pushing the budget)
Audio Technica M50 (decent sounding but with recessed midrange)

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #3 of 3
EDIT.

Saw the other thread. Please delete this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back