Best headphones at Best Buy under $200??? Beats?
Jan 14, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #61 of 88

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This thread has been derailed so badly. This should be sticky'd for all of the newcomers. "Welcome to Head-Fi! Before you ask, the answer is YES! The Beats and any model of Bose or Skullcandies, along with Fanny Wangs, are easily the most recommended headphones in this community. Their superior audio quality and build design makes them a favorite among the veteran members."

You know...they actually sound pretty good. No sarcasm. I'm one of the few people (That I know of. Anaxilus has really short impressions here too. I know that Joker asked for a review sample too.) that have actually heard them. Unless you heard them too.

What is up with the AKG pricing at BB? $320 for K271's? Ridiculous. I paid $60 for my pair. $200 is the most anyone should spend on them. Even that's a bit much.

OP, HD25, HD598, HD558...that's pretty much it with their good headphone assortment. There's the JVC M750, Koss PRO100/UR55 too.

I'd partake in the lack of seriousness, but I really can't get in trouble here haha.

I actually read your review on them Ish. I liked it a lot haha. I'm so glad someone made the plunge, and it's even better that the review came from an established member such as yourself. I added them in the quote upon request :wink:.

Thanks! I'm actually kinda surprised with the fact that nobody's commented in the thread. The original thread got tons of posts. I'm sure that people read it, but (useful) bumps for it would have been nice for exposure. People seem to write them off because of their name when they're actually pretty competitive at the price for the jacket-pocketable headphone world. I can't say they beat the TMA's or the HD25's but they make the Solos (OOH! PALINDROME! ...yeah I dunno.) sound like a total joke, and that's coming from me, the Beats Studios/Pro defender. If these were sold at BB, they would certainly get my recommendation. I can't really recommend them to everyone because others haven't certified that it isn't just my ears that these are impressing. And now that finals are over I can add stuff like pictures.

It's not really a plunge, it was more luck and they sent me a pair.
biggrin.gif
I seriously hope that the 60mm driver ones I'm getting next month satisfy my bass cravings. 

Wait I'm established? Sure, I've been here for 2 years and a headphoneus supremus (although I'm pretty sure 70% of my posts were messing around), but when I think of established, I think Uncle Erik, bangraman, Joker, nikongod, Duggeh, Jahn, and such. I could never think of myself that highly
duggehsmile.png

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #62 of 88
Double post.

Jan 14, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #63 of 88
huh?

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #65 of 88
i find it very strange that best buy is over priced where you live. in canada i got my shure srh750dj headphones for 129.99 at futureshop. which has the same prices and is owned by best buy canada. and it usually is 149.99

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #66 of 88

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #72 of 88
Jan 16, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #74 of 88

Quote:
Has anyone ever balanced the beats.......

Given how easily they tend to break... I would say it's not worth the risk/effort.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #75 of 88
So it's down to the Sony XB500 and Shure SRH440.  Both under $100.  SO, FINAL DECISION TIME... Which one is better???

Also, will these sound better than my old set of Sennheiser HD437?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back