Best Headphone under $200?
Feb 25, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #61 of 73
I tried a Tube-magic A1 by Maverick Audio with the DT-990 PROs and the synergy and sound was horrendous .. exaggerated sibilance! 

Feb 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #62 of 73
blink.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #63 of 73
Oh sorry to go off-topic! 

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:35 AM Post #64 of 73
Nuforce HP-800's $149.00. They also make very good quality Headamps/DACS! They just a sale on some of them, not sure what in there now?
You can get an entry level ICON amp/DAC for less than $100 and a refurbished one, if available, for even less.
You don't necessarily need an amp for them, but ANY Can worth purchasing is ALWAYS going to benefit from one!
I know they are a NEWER company, but I would recommend you go on the website (you can purchase straight from the adjoining E-Store) and read the reviews and awards they have received over the recent years and you will see Y I am recommending them!
I just purchased a pair and prefer them over my old AKG 701 Quincy Jones'. Hard to believe, but what is the old adage? "Hearing is Believing"
Google: Nuforce..... Easily found!

May 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM Post #66 of 73
Gratz!

May 27, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #67 of 73
So, do you like them?

May 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #68 of 73
Yes, I like the power and bass, its so much clearer and has so much more energy than my old cans , but I don't really understand "soundstage". Maybe my audio files are of too low quality. Any suggestions on getting better quality audio so that I can use my new set of cans to their full potential! 
Thanks by the way

May 29, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #69 of 73
Quote:
Yes, I like the power and bass, its so much clearer and has so much more energy than my old cans , but I don't really understand "soundstage". Maybe my audio files are of too low quality. Any suggestions on getting better quality audio so that I can use my new set of cans to their full potential! 
Thanks by the way

Soundstage is more felt that heard. It is the feeling of the music surrounding your instead of being condensed inside your head.
Also what files are you currently using? Youtube rips? or 320kbps MP3? (as to what files to use, use the latter)

May 29, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #71 of 73
Quote:
Thanks by the way

It is especially easier to understand soundstage if you have listened to different headphones. And ofc low quality recordings won't suffice. 

Jun 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #73 of 73
I would like to ask for your advice now on which tube amp should i buy as I heard from you guys that a tube amp would make the dt 990s work wonders. Thanks so much for helping me all the way! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back