Best Headphone NO AMP (price is no object)
Oct 17, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #46 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, which is more important? The Headphones or the DAC? I'm really not sure, but it would seem the headphone would be more important. And I don't know what the hell you are trying to say in that second 1/2 of the quote.

What the "HELL" are you tryin to say with your entire quote? YOU ARE RIDICULOUS in saying that one thing would be more important than another in any link.

Oct 17, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #47 of 55
just thinking about this....why would ya just use that kind of terminology? "the hell" seriously bro, i come here with a question, talk about some stuff and then you just kinda freak???? what up with that Oklahoma?

Oct 17, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #48 of 55
What? haha.. I'm not "freaking". That's just how I talk
blink.gif
I would say the same thing to my best friend or any stranger off the street. Relax a bit. I didn't even say I had the answer. I asked a question seeing if YOU knew the answer. If possible, what would be an estimated percent increase in SQ by adding $2000 to your DAC-1 or $2000 to your $1000 headphones. I don't have a clue, but I do know that you need to calm down.

Oct 17, 2007 at 6:47 PM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? haha.. I'm not "freaking". That's just how I talk
blink.gif
I would say the same thing to my best friend or any stranger off the street. Relax a bit. I didn't even say I had the answer. I asked a question seeing if YOU knew the answer. If possible, what would be the estimation percent increase in SQ by adding $2000 to your DAC-1 or $2000 to your $1000 headphones. I don't have a clue, but I do know that you need to calm down.

what i need to calm down is a freakin divorce and a month away from the one year old....make it two months
mad.gif

i use to be happy
frown.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #52 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. nice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What the "HELL" are you tryin to say with your entire quote? YOU ARE RIDICULOUS in saying that one thing would be more important than another in any link.

if I was going to spend cash on a dac, amp, and headphones, I'd generally prefer my headphones be -at least- 1/2 my budget, if not 2/3.

They are the most inefficient piece in the chain, after all.

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #53 of 55
If you know your music and the characteristics of the instruments as any recording engineer should, the I suggest that you audition as many cans as possible to find the one that most closely resemble the sound that you are familiar with. This may be cheap or expensive, it does not matter but it will be right for you.

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #55 of 55
bought 2 cans
blink.gif

Ultrasone Edition 9 (member on this forum. hope to give him some positive feedback)
Grado RS-1 (Ebay. hope to give him or her some positive feedback)

thnx for all the input. can't wait to hear and compare both these cans. Keeping the one I like and the other will be up for sale. Supposedly they are both MINT!!!! Hope so for my sake.....

thnx again to all of you and sorry 4 being such an ass at one point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back