Best headphone for FiiO X3?
Jun 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #16 of 43
  i dont see it noted what you want the headphones for? 

if its for home use id say take the HD650 over the 598 but if its for mobile, outside in the real world use id say skip them both.  for out doors take the pro500.

I want the headphones for home use only. I'll just have to connect them straight to the portable device because I don't have the convenience of getting a tabletop amp for the time being.

Jun 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #18 of 43
  ahh, then skip the 598.

btw you realise the 600 and 650 are of the same quality level just with diff sound signatures?

Unfortunately it's not possible for me to try each headphone before buying it, but if it helps, I mainly listen to classic rock, heavy metal and some electronic music, so I'm looking for a headphone that can produce an as powerfull, bassy and rich sound as the X3 can create. 

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #20 of 43
Thanks a lot for your help Mark. 
redface.gif

One last question: in your opinion, would FiiO X5 drive the HD 650's to their full potential more sufficiently than the X3

Jun 21, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #21 of 43
im afraid thats not a question i can answer.  i've not used the x5.

not that it will help but if it were me, going with 650 id be inclined to go with a Studio V.  its a cooler DAP for the warm senn. (of course its not also a dac if that matters to you)

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #26 of 43
Good to hear that you are happy.

I'm satisfied with my Philips X1 off the Fiio, and I'm looking forward to trying the FA-003 Ti-W (Sapele) with it as well. Personally I just use the Fiio as a Dac/Amp with my mac.

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #27 of 43
Thanks Riza
I haven't really focused on computer use although I may start by getting the Fiio E17 and start using it as a doing card headphone amp. Got the X3 for portability as well as home use most of the machines I have play high resolution audio so the computer is last for me but both sets are great the Sennheiser HD650's for home and the PSB M4U2 for portability and home...

Jul 28, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #28 of 43
This may seem like a dumb question but.. Would the average audio enthusiast be able to tell a difference when comparing the X3 to another media device when listening to the same file?

Like I got the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 running with the PowerAMP app but I would like to upgrade from it and I have been thinking of the Fiio X3.

Would love to receive some thoughts and sorry if I'm kind of drifting away from the point of this thread. 

Also for reference, I own the SoundMAGIC HP200 (Getting a replacement), Audio Technica ATH-M50S, Westone UM PRO 10, Klipsch R6, and the Etymotic HF5 so it would also be helpful if any of those headphones would be awesome with the X3.

Thanks!

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #30 of 43
Yes but it seems to depend on the music I've decided to get the Fiio E17 & E09K I'll get the DAC and the combo should get me good sound

Why get the E09K if you already have the X3? Can't you use the X3's DAC with the E09K? And the X3s hardware is supposedly the same as the E17, but better optimized. Using the E17 DAC might be a step backwards for you, but certainly no better. Plus, for a desktop setup, you could get the Schiit Modi/Magni for the price of the E17 and E09K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back