Best headphone around 70 to 100$?
Aug 10, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #17 of 30
UE6000 review by Tyll
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/surprisingly-good-logitec-ue6000-and-ue9000

Would agree the highs are subdued compared to some cans...depends on your preference.

Aug 10, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #18 of 30

Can't speak directly to the D340s...have the D600s though and love them.

The UE6000s are nice as well and less expensive...sound better without the NC engaged.

Never heard the Shures or the Senns

thanks dude..here d340 is cheaper than UE6000 so i'm going to decide between Shure SRH440 and D340
If i get D340 for 60$(i'm working on a cheap source for buying it, lets see how it turns up) i'll go for it otherwise its going to be  shure srh440 ..
open up your thoughts if u ve more options and ideas

Aug 11, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #19 of 30
  thanks dude..here d340 is cheaper than UE6000 so i'm going to decide between Shure SRH440 and D340
If i get D340 for 60$(i'm working on a cheap source for buying it, lets see how it turns up) i'll go for it otherwise its going to be  shure srh440 ..
open up your thoughts if u ve more options and ideas

None here...got my D600 for a similar deal ($150 NIB at Best Buy) and am very happy with the value.

Aug 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #20 of 30
I would suggest the AKG k403. http://www.flipkart.com/akg-k403-wired-headphones/p/itmdrnjhgvthgxet

It has the AKG house sound for a very reasonable price. It has a reasonably good soundstage, good separation and good treble.  

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #22 of 30
Consider the Fischer Audio FA-004. A great all around hp that has a mostly flat frequency curve with a slight upper register roll-off. These are comfortable headphones that come with a full compliment of accessories. The perforated earpads stay cool for extended listening sessions.Sound leakage is more than adequate for an office environment. Isolation is minimal; no total sound block - you will be able to hear activity around you.

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #23 of 30
SRH440s have the low end rolled off, plus in my opinion, has some serious comfort issues. Are you able to get your hands on the Superlux 668B? It covers everything you need in addition to being very affordable. 

Check it out: http://www.headfonia.com/superlux-hd668b/

Aug 12, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #24 of 30
SRH440s have the low end rolled off, plus in my opinion, has some serious comfort issues. Are you able to get your hands on the Superlux 668B? It covers everything you need in addition to being very affordable. 

Superlux is a good suggestion from a value perspective. Two things...I seem to recall closed cans as a need. If so, then 668 or 681 is not a fit...which would lead to HD662 or CAD-MH310. On the other hand, if open cans are cool, then I'd throw the 681 EVO into the ring as well.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:21 AM Post #25 of 30
  I would suggest the AKG k403. http://www.flipkart.com/akg-k403-wired-headphones/p/itmdrnjhgvthgxet

It has the AKG house sound for a very reasonable price. It has a reasonably good soundstage, good separation and good treble.  

thanks dude..you know you are pulling me back to the start point cause this is the headphone which made me to start researching to buy HPs..though SQ of k403 is better for the price(though it has great value for what i pay), i should not regret after buying k403 that i should ve spent some more bucks for more SQ..even now i know i havent climbed the full ladder by spending 5k or 6k but definitely i'll enter the lower level of hi fi sounding HP's..
tell me if it gonna beat Samson Sr850 in any sense,then we can go for it..
  Consider the Fischer Audio FA-004. A great all around hp that has a mostly flat frequency curve with a slight upper register roll-off. These are comfortable headphones that come with a full compliment of accessories. The perforated earpads stay cool for extended listening sessions.Sound leakage is more than adequate for an office environment. Isolation is minimal; no total sound block - you will be able to hear activity around you.

thanks dude..but Fischer is not available in my locality..

i dont ve access to any of the superlux but can buy samson sr850 for 40$
Superlux is a good suggestion from a value perspective. Two things...I seem to recall closed cans as a need. If so, then 668 or 681 is not a fit...which would lead to HD662 or CAD-MH310. On the other hand, if open cans are cool, then I'd throw the 681 EVO into the ring as well.

As i said i ve access over Samson SR850..superlux is not possible in my locality

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #27 of 30
  moreover guys now tell me..now i ve access over Samson Sr850 and D340 for the same price of 2300 INR..

Well haven't heard either but am guessing there's some family resemblance with the HD681/668s and the D600s respectively...so take this opinion with a grain of salt.

If I were in your shoes, I'd probably go with the Denons as I guessing they have a more balanced sound signature and better build quality.  I find the original Superlux sound to be harsh at times and the build quality is so-so.  That said, once I hooked them up to a tube amp, they were very nice.

fwiw, a good review of  sr850s
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sr850-professional-studio-reference-headphones

Aug 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #28 of 30
Well, I havent listened to the SR850, so can't comment on the same. The SQ is pretty good, with good positioning and staging. However, it does leak some sound as it is an open design. And it does not cost much at all. (Am in the process of modding it to an older senn. hd 205 frame)

On the other hand, I have a barely used ATH M50 that I am willing to sell to you close to your asking price. PM if interested.

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #29 of 30
Philips SHL3300 cost about $60. they sure sound good. All the people who have heard them on this forum do praise the cans. they perform alot better than some $100+ headphones and should be more expensive for the sound quality they provide

Sep 17, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #30 of 30
I have owned Superlux 668b headphones and couple of days ago I have bought shure srh440's, and I can tell you the difference in sound quality is really obvious. Shure headphones sound a lot more natural and neutral than the 668b's do ...When it comes to comfort, I found superlux headphones to be more comfortable. For me , srh440's are really comfortable, not as comfortable as 668b , but they are definitely not as bad as everyone is saying when it comes to comfort. If they are too uncomfortable for you, buy shure srh880 pads and install them on your 440s, and you'll get a little bit more bass, and a lot more comfort. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back