Best Headphone Amp for Soundmagic PL50
Jun 5, 2010 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

iem222

New Head-Fier
Hello, I currently own a Sansa Fuze with a pair of Soundmagic PL50 IEMs.  Is there an amp out there that can be built or bought for under 50 dollars that would improve the SQ of this pair? Thanks!

Jun 12, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 7
Try to find a used Meier Headsix (or maybe Headfive). If you are lucky it can be found for just a little more than 50 USD. They would be great with PL50 and would definitely improve the sound.

Jun 12, 2010 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Build a Cmoy.
It's probably better to spend the amp money on better iems, that will make a much bigger difference.

CMoy would be a great idea - if you are into DIY. But which IEM's would be better than the PL50 for $50 or less? (I heard them at a meet once and they were pretty good considering the price.)

Jun 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 7
I've used the original SR71, a Headphonia, the Tomahawk, and an eBay C-Moy with the Soundmagics and they've all sounded good...but then again, the Soundmagic PL50's simply sound good without any amplification! I agree with rasmushorn...for the price they are a great value!

Jun 12, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #6 of 7
I'll look into these suggestions.  I agree - the PL50's are a great value for the money.  I wish more people knew about them.  I'll post back on Head-Fi if I end up getting an amp - these things do sound awesome unamped from my Sansa Fuze. 
jecklinsmile.gif
Thanks!

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 7
Sorry to revive my own thread but I just built a Tangent CMoy amp and these Soundmagic PL-50s sound awesome using it.  Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back