Best gaming mice
Nov 21, 2015 at 8:42 AM Post #136 of 407
Deathadder without a doubt. I'm on my 3rd one within 8 years. I use it about 8-10 hours a day 6 days a week and I travel with it. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #137 of 407
My G502 was the first mouse to make me open my wallet in nearly a decade. I had been using a Logitech Mx518 since 2005, and I still have it as a backup since it works perfectly still, but I love the G502. I make good use of every button and prefer its set up over the MMO mouses that Razer and everyone else makes since the extra buttons don't all work off of only my thumb.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #138 of 407
I like the quality feel of the logitech mouse but the price in weight is not worth it! It´s not easy to stop it and change direction once it´s moving.

My favourite is the Microsoft Sidewinder X5. It´s mostly the shape most mouses have good enough sensors. It´s bewildering that not more adapt the up and down side buttons instead of front and back.

1. Microsoft Sidewinder X5

2. Zowie EC1

3. Intellimouse 3

4. Razer deathadder

5. Razer Copperhead

6. Ikari Laser

7. logitech G700

Listing my latest. I got new feets which made my X5 as new. The plastic creeks a bit which is a shame it´s the only con I can find and it´s minor compared to what I can find on the others.

Mouse always have one flaw :p

I will try a Steelseries Rival 300 next just for fun. Was on sale on black friday will see if modern 6500 dpi sensors make a difference. My Ikari Laser has similar specs I believe though.

Dec 9, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #139 of 407
I've sworn by the SteelSeries Rival for a while now. I went through several different Logitech mice and a couple DeathAdders and Corsairs, but nothing feels quite as right as the Rival to me.

I really, really despised Logitech Gaming Software. I had an issue with it randomly failing and disconnecting from my mouse for a split second (which can really screw you in League). I remember really enjoying the DeathAdder 3.5G back when it was the new hotness, and I went through a couple of those due to the side buttons failing. I gave the Corsair Scimitar a shot when it came out and have never hated a product more in my entire life. Good sensor on it, presumably, but I hated the shape, the software, the color, the sharp little triangle things on the right side, and so on and so forth.

But the Rival, oh, the Rival. It is perfection in the truest sense of the word, and I love it very much.

Dec 10, 2015 at 3:29 AM Post #140 of 407
Yes its good I don´t like my X5 as much anymore. I am not sure how it will wear though the top was worn down after one day though the rubber on the sides is still intact. Maybe it could be a tad higher but it has a great balance and nothing gets in the way. I don´t understand why it has the dpi switch on top. Who on earth can get to that while gaming it should be like on the corsair M65. But then maybe you accidentally get to it I suppose. Then again I don´t know I never use it. May be good for the Hunter where there is no real time pressure but probably still better just get used to one sensitivity setting.

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #141 of 407
the G9x is pretty good, the smaller shell that comes with it is actually more comfortable for my giant hands.

A thing that's slightly annoying is that the rotation of the scroll wheel seems to (I don't know if this is true but the recurring issue I'm having indicates it) be measured by a laser or something, which sometimes gets obscured. I've had it happen twice now that the scroll wheel simply no longer worked, and no amount of blowing in the space to clear what was in there helped. In both cases, the problem went away when I had given up on the thing.

Every Razer product I've ever owned has developed some defect, I don't know if this has gotten any better.

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #142 of 407
If you're looking for something more mobile, the (2016 or whatever) Razer Orochi is great. Wired/wireless and great quality from what I've heard. The new R.A.T. 1 looks pretty interesting and has an open-source grip so you can 3D-print your own.

http://store.madcatz.com/Mad-Catz-RAT1-Mouse.html

Jan 12, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #143 of 407
I'm liking my G100s. Looks and feels much like my mass produced old cheap logitech. Which was perfect.

Sensor is alright. Not the best, but at $35 it's a seriously good deal. Esspecially if compaired to the 300 or the mighty 502

Wheel, left and right click, programable button. That's it. Hydrophobic coating.

My only complaint, is the mouse clicks seem like they go through phases. New they were great, not to stiff or light. A short through with a great feel. About 6 months later, they would click, with sound and everything, but not register a click sometimes. It would take a bit more muscle to do it every time. Now a year later it seems fine. Not sure

I've heard good things about zuwie

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #144 of 407
Zowie you mean? The EC1 Pro felt good but gloosy finish make it a bit sweaty and it broke way to early. Don´t tolerate drops. Beside logitech every mouse screams made in china to me. Microsoft have some high quality mouse too or at leasthad. The amount of abuse my X5 got is absolutely silly! 

X5 with the Rival sensor would be interesting but I think the rivals balance is better.

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #145 of 407
Mionix Castor

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #146 of 407
On my third Razer DeathAdder now (they seem to last 3 years under my use). I*m mostly a fingertrip grip user with most mice that accommodate this (Deathadder does well).

However now I bought Logitech G502 Proteus on a sale and I have to say I like it a lot. My hand feels more relaxed after hours of use, I like the button placements and ability to change the scrolling wheel from clicking to free wheeling. Haven't tested zero acceleration / no prediction with the latest firmware on G502, as I don't game competitively any more, but for general use it's more than enough. Has tracked the surfaces I've tried (mouse mats, wooden desk surface) very well, No skipping yet. Perhaps the button click force is a bit too strong compared to a used DeathAdder, which is very sensitive/light and requires very short travel to click. With G502 I have moved a bit more towards a claw grip, but it feels good so far.

Jan 17, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #148 of 407
502 is to big heavy and bulky but like most logitech mouses feels rock solid. My G700 is an utter disappointment though. Scrollwheel stopped working almost instantly and somehow interferrs with left click. Its probably the most expensive mouse I ever bought but I did buy it on a sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back