Best fun-sounding, all rounder IEM for 100$ (non-audiophile)
Apr 21, 2011 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

EndlessMike

Head-Fier
I'm not an audiophile by any means and I was wondering what would be the best IEMs I can get for that price, I listen to Rock, Electronica/House/Dubstep, Hip Hop so I want some nice bass I suppose.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 11
I like the SE215 from Shure quite a bit. The bass isn't massive but quite deep and very present, the mids are great and the treble while a bit rolled off is still quite nice, they have a good sound stage as well with decent instrument seperation and very well built. The retail is right at $99 and if you check the forum there have been posts of people getting them for as low as$69 from Musician's Friend I believe.

Apr 21, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #5 of 11
I was looking at those but the treble complaints worry me.

However I don't even know what treble is so...

Quote:
I like the SE215 from Shure quite a bit. The bass isn't massive but quite deep and very present, the mids are great and the treble while a bit rolled off is still quite nice, they have a good sound stage as well with decent instrument seperation and very well built. The retail is right at $99 and if you check the forum there have been posts of people getting them for as low as$69 from Musician's Friend I believe.

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
I was looking at those but the treble complaints worry me.

However I don't even know what treble is so...

its the complete opposite to bass... you know what bass is right? bass is low sounds while treble is high, how have you managed 69 comments on these things without knowing what treble is lol

Apr 21, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #7 of 11
Brainwavz M3 a really nice, affordable, all rounder with nice bass & my personal favorite right now for under 100 bucks.  I listen to 90% hip hop and these things are just outstanding...the M2 is great as well, I just couldn't get a good fit with them.  I prefer the over the ear route with the cable.

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #9 of 11

I see them for $99 on that site. Are you sure it's Musician's Friend? If I can find them for $69 I'll order a pair right now.

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #11 of 11
I would look for Phonak PFE.  Swiss made IEMs.  Thats why I gave them a try.  It very well priced for the SQ you get out of it.  It can outperform IEMs 3 times its price range.  If you look in the classifieds here you'll find it for less than $100.  Since its very accurate, you may think its not very fun, but why can't accuracy be fun?  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back