Best engine sound - for all you car nuts
Apr 25, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #47 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No sound clips?

Well, there are lots of YouTube links higher up in the thread. That does it for most of us, but you might not be pleased with it...

Apr 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #48 of 101
Yeah, I couldn't have possibly meant the RR Merlin that I posted directly under... no, that wouldn't make sense for some of you.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:00 PM Post #49 of 101
I think probably the Ascari A10 gets my vote, although that one ProDrive they had on Top Gear a while back was kinda cool, with the spooling turbo so audible.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #51 of 101
Quote:

Yeah, I couldn't have possibly meant the RR Merlin that I posted directly under... no, that wouldn't make sense for some of you.

I knew what you meant, however if you have it set under User CP options to show "15 posts per page" like I do, instead of the default, then your post actually showed up at the top of a new page and not under the post about the Merlin.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #52 of 101
Quote:

The Prodrive P2?

Considering there is no other ProDrive, I'm sure we can assume that's the one he's talking about.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #53 of 101
The best i have heard in person has got to be the Pagini Zonda, reved up in doors!!!!!......what was that you said my hearing seems to be slightly impaired...lol

2438769632_ce93e0840d_b.jpg

cool.gif

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #54 of 101
Quote:

Maybe it makes sense for some of you.
But to me a post with no quotes or references are a response/reply to the OP (the first post). I thought that was normal forum "rules"...

I love the sound of this Ducati V4 engine.
biggrin.gif

YouTube - Ducati Desmosedici RR Sound

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #55 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Considering there is no other ProDrive, I'm sure we can assume that's the one he's talking about.

Prodrive campaigns a variety of racecars. They have raced BMWs, Porsches, Ferraris, MGs, Alfa Romeos, Hondas, Subarus, and Astons.

Considering I haven't seen every top gear ever, I'm not sure which one he was referring to.

Greatly sorry for asking such a stupid question. Again, much apologies to you and anyone else I offended.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:26 PM Post #56 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I knew what you meant, however if you have it set under User CP options to show "15 posts per page" like I do, instead of the default, then your post actually showed up at the top of a new page and not under the post about the Merlin.

If you knew what I meant why the sarcastic ******* response?

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #57 of 101
The Merlin is just spectacular. I've always wanted a Merlin powered vehicle (and fully intend to buy/make one once I become that eccentric multimillionaire...), but the problem is that it's just too damn heavy for a car. And yes, the P2 does sound good, but I am a bit biased, since I love the sound of the tweaked Subaru flat fours.

PS. There was a Prodrive P1 actually, but it wasn't a bespoke model like the P2. If I recall, it was basically a modded STI, similar in concept to the 22B.

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #58 of 101
I'd like to hear one. (One meaning a Merlin, since some people feel like being pricks for no reason and treating me like a dumb kid)

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #59 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by onform /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best i have heard in person has got to be the Pagini Zonda, reved up in doors!!!!!......what was that you said my hearing seems to be slightly impaired...lol

cool.gif

Im sure it was worth it!
cool.gif

Apr 25, 2008 at 7:49 PM Post #60 of 101
i also have a soft spot for the old subaru justy 3 pots, they sound so damn angry!
if i ever bacame a multimillionaire (got the eccentric part covered) i would probably construct a 14L 3cylinder engine to install in a subaru sumo
Libero.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back