Best earphones for ~£50? Good bass and highs
Jun 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WunDaii

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some new earphones for around £50, preferably cheaper.

I bought the Klipsch Image S4s 2 years ago and I remember those being fantastic, maybe because they were the first premium earphones I bought.  I then bought the SoundMagic E10s which were pretty bad and kept falling out of my ears.  Recently I purchased the JVC XXs in-ear earphones and the bass it delivers is just incredible, but the highs hurt my ears sometimes.

I listen to dubstep so good, deep bass is key (though it doesn't have to be as good as the XXs).  I don't know much about brands, so I've come here for some recommendations.

My friend recommended these to me, but they are a bit pricey - Etymotic MC5:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Etymotic-MC5-In-Ear-Earphones-Black/dp/B003S3RFIQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371490870&sr=8-1&keywords=etymotic#productPromotions

Thanks!  All suggestions are appreciated!

EDIT: and if possible, noise blocking/cancellation would be good!  Thanks :)

Jun 17, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #4 of 6
MC5s would not be a good choice for dubstep, Etymotics tend to be a bit thinner sounding.

If you were willing to go with Klipsch again, the new version of the S4s came out recently, and they fixed some of the build quality issues they had with the last ones. http://www.amazon.co.uk/KLIPSCH-IMAGE-S4-EARPHONES-BLACK/dp/B008X9Q0JK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371514685&sr=8-1&keywords=klipsch+image+s4+ii

The EPH-100s are also a good recommendation, but they tend to be a bit pricier, and pretty hard to find sometimes.

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #6 of 6
If you have the money, I recommend looking at the Sony MDRXB90-EX or the ATH-CKS77X as these are currently the best headphones for bass. I too listen with a pair of FX3X and are looking into getting one of these once the price goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back