Best Classic Disney Movie?
Aug 11, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #2 of 63
I'm going with snow white for 3 reasons.
1 The movie animation was way ahead of it's time and really put disney on the map.
2 It's a beautiful movie with a wonderful story.
3 Snow white is absolutely gorgeous!

Aug 11, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 63
Where's Jungle Book (my all time favorite) and Sleeping Beauty?
I love Snow White too. Hard to choose between some of the old Disney movies. They all have their strength.

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #5 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where's "Fantasia"?

Exactly what I was wondering.

Aug 12, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #6 of 63
I count only Pinocchio, Peter Pan, Snow White and Bambi as being poll-worthy. Anything that stars Robin Williams and Gilbert Gottfried can not yet be considered a classic.

Of those four, I pick Snow White: beautiful and way ahead of its time. And yeah, where's Fantasia.

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #7 of 63
The Lion King not poll-worthy? For me it's an absolute classic and my favourite Disney movie from when I was growing up (and it still is one of my all-time favourite movies). There's not a dud moment and the dialogue throughout is pure genius.

Beauty and the Beast would be my next favourite from that list.

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #8 of 63
Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and Aladdin are my top 3, and if I had to choose only one, I'd probably go with Beauty and the Beast. Hard decision though
confused.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #9 of 63
Hmmmm I see we're coming from different angles here. "Classic" means anything before I graduated from university. Beauty and the Beast, the Lion King, and Aladdin don't qualify.

OK, glad we got that definition straight.

Just wait, your kids will tell you that Transformers 2 is classic (but not as classic as Up).

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #10 of 63
So close. But Aladdin pips it because Jasmine is the hottest Disney Princess after Ariel and Little Mermaid isnt there.

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #12 of 63
Ergh, a tie between "Beauty and the Beast" and "Aladdin."

And at least Duggeh is honest about his decision.
icon10.gif

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #14 of 63
Had to vote for Beauty And The Beast. If Fantasia and/or The Little Mermaid had been poll options as well, voting would have been a lot more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back