Best cheap bass amp for ATH-M50
Jul 29, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #17 of 40

Quote:
So let me get it right...
You agree that a bass boost amp will make the bass noticeable and present.

An amplifier can make bass on any headphone stand out simply because it's faster, recovers more quickly and the frequency spectrum can be louder with more power making it sound like there is more bass. Some headphones need an amp. Some don't. The M50's do not. If someone wants crazy bass, they should not be purchasing the M50's for that reason. They're not at all a basshead headphone.

Very best,

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #18 of 40

Quote:
Do they even make the zo personal subwoofer anymore? Its impossible to find.

I bought mine directly from DigiZoid's site, was a fast and easy process (they have paypal). I bought a slightly imperfect sample with a tiny blemish on it for a lower price and they charged only $15 in shipping cost to Finland (when ordering within EU I usually pay twice as much in shipping!). :)

http://www.digizoid.com/contact/

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #19 of 40
The digiZoid ZO should be considered, and who was going on how spending $100 on an amp for a pair of M50s isn't really thinking things straight, or maybe I didn't read it right, but there have been working combos of hardware that's far more apart in terms of pricing.

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #21 of 40
I've bought both a ZO and now ordered a X-Fi Titanium HD for my XB500 and ZO is definitely a worthy addon. :p The amping/source is like 5 - 6x expensiver than the headphone itself, M50 might have the sound he wants if it only had a little more bass. Changing headphone might get him the bass he wants but might not necessarily sound like he wants to either.

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #22 of 40
Jul 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #23 of 40

Quote:
So let me get it right...
You agree that a bass boost amp will make the bass noticeable and present.

Yes (for the better or worse is up to how the feature is accomplished),  but that would be an addition to the actual amplifier design.  When I had originally responded to this thread I had it in my head that he was using them at home, in which case giving the bass some extra oomph would be no big deal with some simple software.

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM Post #24 of 40

Quote:

Some headphones need an amp. Some don't. The M50's do not. If someone wants crazy bass, they should not be purchasing the M50's for that reason. They're not at all a basshead headphone.

Very best,

You are wrong..
M50 benefits from bass boost amps to the point that bass could
be overwhelming...
I have two bass boost amps and i get the BOOM BOOM feeling from my M50's..
It's not tight and controlled compared to my DJ1 but it is strong and present...

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #25 of 40

Quote:
Yes (for the better or worse is up to how the feature is accomplished),  but that would be an addition to the actual amplifier design.  When I had originally responded to this thread I had it in my head that he was using them at home, in which case giving the bass some extra oomph would be no big deal with some simple software.

That is all i wanted...
Thanks..

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #26 of 40

Quote:
You are wrong..
M50 benefits from bass boost amps to the point that bass could
be overwhelming...
I have two bass boost amps and i get the BOOM BOOM feeling from my M50's..
It's not tight and controlled compared to my DJ1 but it is strong and present...

See my above post(s). You're not getting it.

Very best,

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #28 of 40
Funny, I tried the M50 with my Fiio E11 last night.

I set EQ (bass boost) on 2, Gain on H. Played BT - The Emergency (Gemini Remix). Got a headache from the bass impact and constant rumble by the end of the song. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #29 of 40

Quote:
Funny, I tried the M50 with my Fiio E11 last night.

I set EQ (bass boost) on 2, Gain on H. Played BT - The Emergency (Gemini Remix). Got a headache from the bass impact and constant rumble by the end of the song. 

That is exactly what i am trying to tell to these guys that believe that M50 does not benefit from bass boost amps or does not need amping....
Thanks for the interference man....
I rest my case..

Jul 29, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #30 of 40
I've personally tried the M50 with bass boost from both the Turtle Beach DSS and Fio products, and doesn't sound too good.  It certainly gets louder, but it's very bloated and not impactful.

In my opinion, you should be looking at a different headphone first to give you the sound that you're after, and use the amplifier to refine the sound you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back