CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 6, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #28,321 of 31,832
Okay will definitely check out some video reviews money is tight but I still want to get the best iem, honestly just want to forget about things with music. Right now I've been looking at going a bit over budget with starseas, arias or maybe fh3. But I'll check out the e3000 and at 49 AUD I was thinking I could get 2 iems would fit in my budget. Instead of one more expensive one. They do look great for comfort the e3000. Will do some research today thanks for the help I appreciate it.
IMO, FH3 doesn't have either big soundstage or big bass (at least, for rap, cause indeed the bass is boosted a bit, L shape way). Its a very good iem, near analytical, crisp imaging and lot of details and sound layers to dive in...but a little compressed and intimate in presentation.

E3000 is ultra warm iem, bass is slow, resolution is dark.

BQEYZ KC2 (hybrid 1DD+2BA) might be a good choice, thick thumpy bass+fowards vocal

FIIO FD1 (1DD) is very underrated, and perfect for rap, thick rumbly bass, clear rich mids and vocal, not best imaging-separation but cohesive and lush musical tuning to my ears

KBear KB04 too is underatted, bright but not harsh V shape, good transparency, bit less fowards vocal than those 2 above. im more impress by the DD in KB04 than the BA.

All in all, it depends of type of tonality-timbre your afound off....any example of IEM you like in the past??

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #28,323 of 31,832
Not Chi-Fi, it's AKG, but I've been buying these off Amazon every time I ruined a set, sub $20 every time:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08431V1JG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_9og1AtDb9ytmU

IMO, for the price they are incredible. They normally come with Samsung phones (maybe not anymore not sure), I think AKG used the opportunity to market themselves and packaged an awesome sounding iem. Can't buy them in stores but some are selling surplus on Amazon. No fancy box, just a dime bag, some silicones and great earphones lol.

Beware fakes and stuff on Amazon obviously. The ones from this specific seller are good I only buy there, can't speak for others

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #28,325 of 31,832
Not Chi-Fi, it's AKG, but I've been buying these off Amazon every time I ruined a set, sub $20 every time:

IMO, for the price they are incredible. They normally come with Samsung phones (maybe not anymore not sure), I think AKG used the opportunity to market themselves and packaged an awesome sounding iem. Can't buy them in stores but some are selling surplus on Amazon. No fancy box, just a dime bag, some silicones and great earphones lol.

Beware fakes and stuff on Amazon obviously. The ones from this specific seller are good I only buy there, can't speak for others
Yes, they got praised near as much as Sony MH750 some time ago..but I only do a very brief listen to a friend pair...well balanced warmish w shape signature...its all i remember...

What do you like the most about their sound mate?

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #28,326 of 31,832

These are available on eBay from anywhere to $3 to $20. In fact for $20 there is a 10 pcs wholesale lot available as well. This seller probably has got a bunch from one of those eBay sellers and is selling after a huge markup that without any guarantee of being the genuine piece. I'd say take a gamble on eBay as $3-4 won't hurt much if you get a lemon.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #28,327 of 31,832
IMO, FH3 doesn't have either big soundstage or big bass (at least, for rap, cause indeed the bass is boosted a bit, L shape way). Its a very good iem, near analytical, crisp imaging and lot of details and sound layers to dive in...but a little compressed and intimate in presentation.

E3000 is ultra warm iem, bass is slow, resolution is dark.

BQEYZ KC2 (hybrid 1DD+2BA) might be a good choice, thick thumpy bass+fowards vocal

FIIO FD1 (1DD) is very underrated, and perfect for rap, thick rumbly bass, clear rich mids and vocal, not best imaging-separation but cohesive and lush musical tuning to my ears

KBear KB04 too is underatted, bright but not harsh V shape, good transparency, bit less fowards vocal than those 2 above. im more impress by the DD in KB04 than the BA.

All in all, it depends of type of tonality-timbre your afound off....any example of IEM you like in the past??
I ended up purchasing the Tanchjim Tanya with an eBay coupon which made it cost $6. I've also upped my budget to $300, iems I've had in the past have been sound magic e80 which was decently good, Blon bl 03 which was great hated the fit unfortunately, and the Tin T2 plus which were my favourite. I don't have any iems anymore so looking to get some again. My criteria is iem being comfortable have a wide soundstage and excels at hip hop, vocals and being good for movies.

Jun 6, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #28,328 of 31,832
If it like KZ ZAX, its maybe a tight mesh.
Other than giving instrument a bit air there will be very minor change on sound when you covers the mesh.

That or the Tanya sound stage tuning is better than KZs i use to listen causing me to think its an open back. I'm not that well versed in audio so I'm not sure on what makes me like Tanya. Its a bit different with the usual (old) KZ. The positioning, layering, and the sense of depth in sound is beyond what i expect from a single 7mm DD sold for $25.

One review notes that Tanya have exceptional lush and naturals mids with timbre that may edged out Blon-Bl03. Truth to be told, I'm not sure on what that means.
But vocal IS good. if i have to describe, its full and complete sounding, So this is what lush and natural sounds like?

Seriously, if this thing came with detachable cable, this will be a must buy for me.
It certainly does a have a wider than average soundstage for a budget IEM but I think the mesh is just aesthetics (I could be wrong). The only vent seems to be the one on the bottom of the nozzle.

I am also impressed by how much bass it can put out for a 7mm driver. It does struggle a little if too much subbass/bass is thrown at it but it's still impressive for such a small iem.

Jun 6, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #28,329 of 31,832
These are available on eBay from anywhere to $3 to $20. In fact for $20 there is a 10 pcs wholesale lot available as well. This seller probably has got a bunch from one of those eBay sellers and is selling after a huge markup that without any guarantee of being the genuine piece. I'd say take a gamble on eBay as $3-4 won't hurt much if you get a lemon.
Makes sense. At $18 I didn't really care to hunt around but if the $14 makes a big difference it is worth it for sure.

I'll say this, if they're knockoffs they're high quality knockoffs, compared to the ones that came with my phone they were indistinguishable so I stuck with the one seller.

Jun 6, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #28,330 of 31,832
I also found what looks like an AKG EO-IG955 in a local smartphone store for L500 which I believe converts to somewhere around $23.

Wonder what are the chances of it being genuine or at the very least a reverse engineered counterfeit (for lack of a better name).

Jun 6, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #28,331 of 31,832
I ended up purchasing the Tanchjim Tanya with an eBay coupon which made it cost $6. I've also upped my budget to $300, iems I've had in the past have been sound magic e80 which was decently good, Blon bl 03 which was great hated the fit unfortunately, and the Tin T2 plus which were my favourite. I don't have any iems anymore so looking to get some again. My criteria is iem being comfortable have a wide soundstage and excels at hip hop, vocals and being good for movies.
OK, then it seem like you prioritize tonality over (to some extend) straight-up technicalities. Fit suck of BL03, for my ears, BL05-S is even worst. Dunno what type of ears model they have, its not universal for sure.

T2+ are very good, well balanced, timbre is natural enough, not crispest imaging and some treble roll-off but above average nonetheless. Tanya seem great, which is why i get a pair but still wait for it to arrive.

In T2+ tonal approach, and comfort (yes, great design fit too), hum, the Jasper is still there but not as mid centric as T2+...and pricey but i answer to other thread about this...

Perhaps ARIA has great potential. Didnt have test them yet, still on the way.

I still love Moondrop Starfield and can find some (upgrade) similarities with T2+, with a bigger soundstage, bit more airy and bassy sound, and vocal with more extracted presence...but it seem its like a 70%hate-30%love affair from users.

I'm still very confident Audiosense T800 might be your escape drug...if well fitted with right eartips and a source with low output impedance.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #28,332 of 31,832
T2+ are very good, well balanced, timbre is natural enough, not crispest imaging and some treble roll-off but above average nonetheless. Tanya seem great, which is why i get a pair but still wait for it to arrive.

In T2+ tonal approach, and comfort (yes, great design fit too), hum, the Jasper is still there but not as mid centric as T2+...and pricey but i answer to other thread about this...
Few months ago, i ask several reviewer on youtube of their recommendation in CCA CKX price range,
i forgot but around three of them replied and recommend the Tin T2+ for its balanced and natural sound.

I wonder, whether the incoming Aria (albeit a bit pricier) will shake that throne.

Jun 6, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #28,333 of 31,832
Possibly not as related as I think, but I remember Joshua Valour saying something to the effect of having to spend at least 300$ to get loudspeakers that sound as good as the BLON BL-03 in the review of said IEM.

I remember a wikipedia article stating somewhere among the lines of being easier to achieve accurate treble response in loudspeakers while bass response is easier on headgear. This one had one huge Citation Needed slapped at end. So id like to see other opinions on this matter.

Asking out of interest to DIY a home theater.

Maybe someone here owns a Neumi BS5 or any other sub $100 loudspeaker.

To budget loudspeakers really get destroyed by budget headgear like he implies?

Jun 6, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #28,334 of 31,832
Possibly not as related as I think, but I remember Joshua Valour saying something to the effect of having to spend at least 300$ to get loudspeakers that sound as good as the BLON BL-03 in the review of said IEM.

I remember a wikipedia article stating somewhere among the lines of being easier to achieve accurate treble response in loudspeakers while bass response is easier on headgear. This one had one huge Citation Needed slapped at end. So id like to see other opinions on this matter.

Asking out of interest to DIY a home theater.

Maybe someone here owns a Neumi BS5 or any other sub $100 loudspeaker.

To budget loudspeakers really get destroyed by budget headgear like he implies?
Depend on your priority or wants.
But its not exactly "destroyed" speaker world per se but Speaker at certain quality set-up will understandably more pricier than iem sets in the same sound quality.
I remember a month ago BGGAR as he listed his Headphoine tiers, he noticed that in the same price range especially in low-fi and mid-fi, you'll get much better sound in IEMs than Headphone.
Things like soundstage or optimal positioning will be nearly all-in-one in IEMs (at most tip rolling and cable swap) but its much more complicated and pricier process in Speaker set-up.

---

Here's more of tech upgrade vids, but it covers all the complication on speaker set-ups.

All in all, if you have cash to throw a really good speaker setup. The experience on listening to it together with friends and family is not something that IEMs could replicate.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #28,335 of 31,832
Few months ago, i ask several reviewer on youtube of their recommendation in CCA CKX price range,
i forgot but around three of them replied and recommend the Tin T2+ for its balanced and natural sound.

I wonder, whether the incoming Aria (albeit a bit pricier) will shake that throne.
i wonder too mate...my guess is: cleaner airier sparklier....with bigger soundstage and better imaging i wish.
Not only reviewer love them, consumers too...on NBBA at least. Good sign IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back