CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 5, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #27,916 of 31,833
After some time playing around with DQ6 and Blon BL-03, Blon's sound is much better for me. I really like its tonality. Still, I think either DQ6 and my old ZSN has better sound separation/soundstage (perhaps imaging too...).

I am now wondering, without falling to much in this "rabbit hole", If there is a worthy IEM, around 80 USD (lower is better) with both benefits fom the KZs and the BL-03 that suits a very casual user like me. Some info to help you out:

• Casual user definition for me is that guy that does not want to fiddle with mods, equalizers, AMPs/DAC, FLACs, etc.. I, for instance, use Youtube Music in High Settings most of the time and my "PAD", when mobile, is my Samsung S10e;
  • I can invest in better cables/tips to improve sound, no problem at all. I already have some good tips.
  • I listen to all kind of music: most of them pop music from 80s and 90s, but sometimes classical music, Brazilian Bossa Nova, jazz, rock (from Pink Floyd to Iron Maiden), hip hop...
  • I am really sensitive to KZ sound signature (treble peaks? Too much energy/agression?). I don't know how to describe it properly.
So, can you guys recommend me an IEM, around 80USD, that retains the BL03 sound tonality and improves the technical aspects? A friend recommended a Tripowin TC01, what do you think? Or, considering the scenario above, another IEM would not provide much advantages?

May 5, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #27,917 of 31,833
After some time playing around with DQ6 and Blon BL-03, Blon's sound is much better for me. I really like its tonality. Still, I think either DQ6 and my old ZSN has better sound separation/soundstage (perhaps imaging too...).

I am now wondering, without falling to much in this "rabbit hole", If there is a worthy IEM, around 80 USD (lower is better) with both benefits fom the KZs and the BL-03 that suits a very casual user like me. Some info to help you out:

• Casual user definition for me is that guy that does not want to fiddle with mods, equalizers, AMPs/DAC, FLACs, etc.. I, for instance, use Youtube Music in High Settings most of the time and my "PAD", when mobile, is my Samsung S10e;
  • I can invest in better cables/tips to improve sound, no problem at all. I already have some good tips.
  • I listen to all kind of music: most of them pop music from 80s and 90s, but sometimes classical music, Brazilian Bossa Nova, jazz, rock (from Pink Floyd to Iron Maiden), hip hop...
  • I am really sensitive to KZ sound signature (treble peaks? Too much energy/agression?). I don't know how to describe it properly.
So, can you guys recommend me an IEM, around 80USD, that retains the BL03 sound tonality and improves the technical aspects? A friend recommended a Tripowin TC01, what do you think? Or, considering the scenario above, another IEM would not provide much advantages?
Moondrop Aria.

May 5, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #27,919 of 31,833
May 5, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #27,921 of 31,833
That's great! I just forgot to mention one point: does it fit in the ear better than Blon BL-03? Better comfort is a big plus.
I don't really have problems with the Blon's fit but the Arias do seem to fit better.

May 5, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #27,922 of 31,833

BQEYZ KB100 and Tin hifi T2+ should suit your requirements. I'd recommend the former for your tonality+technicality requirement whereas the latter is transparent with a shade of warmth so there's no colouration in your music and you are pretty much listening to the actual track.

Last edited:
May 5, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #27,923 of 31,833
The more I listen to the KZ DQ6, the more astounded I am by how good it sounds. I can never stop saying how important tip rolling is for this IEM. I am now using the BQEYZ stock tips which can be bought for 3 USD for 6 pairs. Never ever touch the stock tips it comes with.

The quality and control across all spectrums, man... KZ hit gold with these and I'm sure I'm not the only one that says so.

Oh, the tiny black box at the back is the Earstudio HUD100 MK2. It attaches like a jetpack on my phone with the included case. I do have to mention that the DQ6 is the only gear I have that I encounter annoying hiss with in High Power mode. In low power, crystal clear.

The KZ DQ6 is an easy to drive IEM and should be in the top 3 of the list of Best 30 USD IEMs, IMO. It's insane that it can be found for less than 16 USD if you have access to Shopee or Lazada. The cable I use is the new KZ upgrade cables for 2021. Sells for around 8 USD on Shopee.

IMG_20210504_134849.jpg

I have used to the signature of DQ6 and it is amazing…. Now they are my current IEMs and I even cant think going back to CCA c10 and c12 so I will sell them to save some amount for the next best thing while im hugely enjoying my DQ6! :)

May 5, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #27,924 of 31,833

From what you say I would recommend the Whizzer Kylin HE01. Natural DD sound with good technicalities.

May 5, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #27,925 of 31,833
That's great! I just forgot to mention one point: does it fit in the ear better than Blon BL-03? Better comfort is a big plus.
Almost every other IEM fits better than the BL-03!

May 5, 2021 at 4:32 PM Post #27,926 of 31,833
BQEYZ KB100 and Tin hifi T2+ should suit your requirements. I'd recommend the former for your tonality+technicality requirement whereas the latter is transparent with a shade of warmth so there's no colouration in your music and you are pretty much listening to the actual track.
Wow! Both are very affordable... they are cheaper than Aria too. I'll have a look to their reviews! Thank you!

May 5, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #27,928 of 31,833
It looks good! Yet, considering just the aesthetics, the colors are not my favorite :smile_phones:
So I would guess the BL-05s wouldn't be for you either! Pity, because it punches well above its weight and is one of the best single DDs in its price bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back