CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 5, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #26,297 of 31,833
Nov 5, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #26,298 of 31,833
An interesting database, thank you.
Your favourite TP10 is described as relaxed :)
I will definitely get MT300 - suits my exploration at this price.
Didn't see that. I can barely see what I am looking for in that database. Really bad readability. Not sorted alphabetically or by rank either.

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #26,299 of 31,833
Didn't see that. I can barely see what I am looking for in that database. Really bad readability. Not sorted alphabetically or by rank either.
If there is an original file - any sorting can be done.
Price is still better for me than some subjective ratings.
Similar to a Crinacle database, I got an impression that not all IEMs were perhaps ... carefully explored...

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #26,300 of 31,833
Great question, I wanted to know something similar to Etymotic ER3SE also.

Well in my collection, nothing quite sounds like the ER3SE. The only one I've really compared it to is my Tin Audio P1 since are both considered bass light. But the P1 feels more mid forward and slightly warmer sounding. However, the treble feels quite different. The thing that really stands out to me are cymbal crashes. That particular detail of the ER3SE just sounds more realistic to me. But I still prefer the mids of the P1 - vocals especially. As far as soundstage, they're different in that the ER3SE seems to have little or no height and the P1 seems to have be rather average in comparison to other non-Etymotic IEMs.

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #26,301 of 31,833
Well in my collection, nothing quite sounds like the ER3SE. The only one I've really compared it to is my Tin Audio P1 since are both considered bass light. But the P1 feels more mid forward and slightly warmer sounding. However, the treble feels quite different. The thing that really stands out to me are cymbal crashes. That particular detail of the ER3SE just sounds more realistic to me. But I still prefer the mids of the P1 - vocals especially. As far as soundstage, they're different in that the ER3SE seems to have little or no height and the P1 seems to have be rather average in comparison to other non-Etymotic IEMs.

Understand. Do you feel comfortable using Etymotic ER3SE?

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #26,302 of 31,833
Hi everyone, not sure if a bit off topic, but Linsoul (Shuoer Tape Pro) and Aliexpress (Shuoer Tape Pro) have listed the Shuoer Tape Pro!
Also BGGAR has just put up a video on the Shuoer Tape Pro!

BGGAR puts up far too many reviews, far too quickly. Looking at his YT it seems he's put up EIGHT in the last fortnight alone. I used to watch his reviews back at the start but there's no way you can be impartial and accurate without giving an earphone enough (quality) time on its own, IMO that is. If you are rushing to get the next review up you surely can't adjust properly and there's a very good chance your ear is subconsciously comparing to whatever earphone or earphones you listened to the day before (or same day). How often do you get a new earphone thinking it lacks bass then two days later when you have had no distractions end up having the opposite opinion? He also jumps back and forth between budget to mid-fo to hi-fi which can't help give accurate recommendations.

I recently spotted a video where he dissed hobbyists for wasting money buying sub-par, budget gear instead of saving for something more expensive/TOTL, totally neglecting the fact he's reviewing and recommending budget gear and from looking, it's his videos of things like Blon blo3, zs10 pro, "top 5 budget chifi" that get the highest historical viewing figures. Confusing, as it's these same hobbyists LIKE HIM (or 'like him' at some point in the past) that are his target market.

Apologies for going off-topic.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #26,303 of 31,833

opening it in google sheets is much more readable, as the price and name column would be locked on so you can slide the rest of the columns to read.

by the way, thanks for sharing this link :grin::thumbsup: (and for the author, if he happens to be a member here also)
i quite like this list, quite detailed and fair, and in line to what i feel for some of the earphones that i also happen to have heard on that list

Nov 5, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #26,304 of 31,833
Recommend me some chi-fi iem from Ali for 11.11 ... I've been following TRI I3 for weeks, but is there anything better or of equal value that costs even less?

What's your preferred sound signature (eg neutral, V shaped, midcentric, basshead/bass averse, treblehead/treble sensitive?

And preferred music genres?

Those info will help the community fine tune suggestions better.

Tri I3 is quite good for the price, i think it will he $130 - 140ish during 11/11. I got mine at $107 usd with stacking coupons.

It needs amping though, the planars inside are power hungry, sounds flat from a phone. With amping the soundstage is one of the best at the $150ish price range. Smooth, grand sounding, well balanced and coherent. On poorly recorded material or loud volumes there is an occasional 3 khz peak. And get the 2 pin version, mmcx generally have a shorter lifespan if u swap cables frequently.

Nov 6, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #26,307 of 31,833
Its not that bad indeed, MT300 delivers beautiful highs with EST driver, good soundstage and separation, vocal is warm but not thick, bass is not huge but more than enough. It is less sibilant than TRN VX to me. Original cable is quite good in quality, balanced sound. If you prefer smoother vocals and deeper bass like me, simply use a pure copper cable can do. MT300 overall SQ can be matched to Tri i3, but in different tuning.

PXL_20201106_043611618.PORTRAIT.jpg

I have seen the MT300 for just under £60 in the upcoming sale and was wondering if they are worth it for that price?

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #26,308 of 31,833
I have seen the MT300 for just under £60 in the upcoming sale and was wondering if they are worth it for that price?

I got it at similar price ( £60 ) few months ago in taobao, which supposed to be a limited pre-sale deal ( 50% off to its list price ). Its jewelry box liked packaging would definitely cost a lot on shipment too :dt880smile: So, i think its worth for that price ( £60 ).

This "hidden" brand to me, is always good in creating lively atmosphere, very musical, spacious, listening to live concert album gives me 2X satisfaction :L3000:

Nov 6, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #26,309 of 31,833
I got it at similar price ( £60 ) few months ago in taobao, which supposed to be a limited pre-sale deal ( 50% off to its list price ). Its jewelry box liked packaging would definitely cost a lot on shipment too :dt880smile: So, i think its worth for that price ( £60 ).

This "hidden" brand to me, is always good in creating lively atmosphere, very musical, spacious, listening to live concert album gives me 2X satisfaction :L3000:

So would you recommend it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back