CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 6, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #1,352 of 31,833
I have Joyroom JR-E500 , sound is really beautifull. good deep bass, smooth vocals not bright or laid back with smooth treble
 big soundstage near my roxanne level for 15 $, isolate is good too so I use it everyday  .
I prefer them over my flare r2 pro . Just because it's isolate better .

Oct 6, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #1,353 of 31,833
I haven't tried the others you mention, but I do have the Tennmak Pro and about 30 others IEMs. And I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the Tennmak Pro, considering all the hype here. Comfort is fine, bass and mids are fine. The biggest weakness is the highs. It just sounds dull and fuzzy, rather than crisp and detailed. I'm much more impressed with the Joyroom E103, the Rock Zircon, the Superlux HD381F, and the KZ EDR2, all of which cost much less. 

Oct 6, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #1,354 of 31,833
I haven't tried the others you mention, but I do have the Tennmak Pro and about 30 others IEMs. And I have to say I was extremely disappointed with the Tennmak Pro, considering all the hype here. Comfort is fine, bass and mids are fine. The biggest weakness is the highs. It just sounds dull and fuzzy, rather than crisp and detailed. I'm much more impressed with the Joyroom E103, the Rock Zircon, the Superlux HD381F, and the KZ EDR2, all of which cost much less. 

It's all down to preference although i would suggest giving them more time as they really do seem to change with use.

They are perfect for people who are treble sensitive.

Oct 6, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #1,355 of 31,833

While t's purely subjective, the trebble is all there on the T Pro. However it's a bit softer iin the top than most trebble focused headphones would be. This doesn't mean it's not there, it just means that it's not razor sharp. If you are after razor sharp high frequencies then I would sugest the Tennak Piano, it's a terrific IEM as well. It's just tuned differently than the T Pro is and that gives it a more focus in the mid and high notes. It can still handle the low notes though it's not nearly as pronounced as the Pro, which to some may make it feel a bit "thin".

Honestly though it's all about preferences as toddy0191 said. The Pro is well suited for sources that has to pronounced highs or for people who are extra sensetive to the high notes.

If were to actually compare them to anything sound signature wise (as to how pronounced they are at certain tones and so on) it would be my BeyerDynamic DT990s and my AKG K551s. The Beyer Dynamic signature is just as detailed as AKGs, but the trebble is just a bit softer (It's been the case with most BeyerDynamic headphones I have tried) which means it coresponds relatively well with the type of sound you get from the Pros. While the K551s ("portable" edition of K550) are relatively well represented in the Pianos with very pronounced highs and a lesser pressence in the lows.

I know it's a strange comparison, but it's the best I can do. Honestly though, my Tennmak Pros don't get nearly as much use as they did when I first got them. Sure they are comfortable, but for everyday use they just don't measure up to IEMs in a higher price range. I use them all the time when I sleep though (they are by far the most comfortable ones I have worn while laying my head on the side).

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #1,356 of 31,833
It's all down to preference although i would suggest giving them more time as they really do seem to change with use.

They are perfect for people who are treble sensitive.

When you say "treble sensitive", do you mean people who want a strong hi end or people who want a more rolled-off high end?

Oct 7, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #1,358 of 31,833
OK, forget bass. I want treble.

I have over 30 IEMs, and to my ears, most have decent bass (with the right tips). But what separates the best from the merely good is the high end. I want to hear shimmer, sparkle, air. My best full-size headphones give me the impression that I'm sitting right next to that cymbal hit, not just listening to a recording of it. Surely some earphone engineers focus on treble extension, rather than the strongest bass response. Where are they?

No one can try everything, so I'm asking the Head-Fi community. What IEM/earphone under $100 has the best high end? Under $50? Under $20?

Oct 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #1,359 of 31,833

I have over 30 IEMs, and to my ears, most have decent bass (with the right tips). But what separates the best from the merely good is the high end. I want to hear shimmer, sparkle, air. My best full-size headphones give me the impression that I'm sitting right next to that cymbal hit, not just listening to a recording of it. Surely some earphone engineers focus on treble extension, rather than the strongest bass response. Where are they?

No one can try everything, so I'm asking the Head-Fi community. What IEM/earphone under $100 has the best high end? Under $50? Under $20?

Haven't heard it but the XE800 is supposed to be treble focused. Also, the **** 4in1 is supposed to be pretty aggressive in the treble

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #1,362 of 31,833
Thanks. Just ordered it.

There is also the Tennmak Piano as I mentioned earlier. Personally I think it's far to pronounced in the high notes for some sources, but it all depends on what you like and more importantly what device you use to play your music from. I have used the example before, but directly from my Huawei P9 it's far to sharp, while when I'm using my HRT Microstramer it manages to balance them out just enough for them to truly be spectacular for classical music. I still prefer my over ear headphones for that though, but if I don't have the space I tend to bring the Piano as a "backup" for classical music.

Oct 8, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #1,363 of 31,833

hey, i find the tip made a big difference. I use silicon that sits quite deep so that the speaker is closer to your ear makes a big difference. some tips can make it sound quite ordinary, which it isn't IMO

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #1,364 of 31,833

Under $100 - Yamaha EPH-100... this has deep quality bass and fantastic crystal clear treble. Detail in mids is also good even though they are v shaped, helped by the bright top end (in the Uk these are £90 so i'd guess they were fairly similar in the states. can be pretty hot, but def accurate

Under $50 - Fiio EX 1 (formerly Dunu titan 1) $50-60... some say this can be pretty aggressive up top but it has a wide open sound and def has quality treble at it's price point

Under $20 - if you can get them cheap, HiSoundAudio Flamenco. Budget king IMHO. These have lovely musical bass, great texture and crisp highs without hitting sibilance.. gives it great amount of detail

EDIT : Spelling

Oct 8, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #1,365 of 31,833

Hi Vidal, thanks again for the smooth return, I sent it yesterday. Much appreciated you offering some alternatives too which i will def look into, the Macaw RT 100 looks especially interesting and I'm looking into some reviews on it. I'm also quite tempted to try the MusicMaker TW1 if you could give me a wee breakdown of it's signature? I've been looking into MM for a while now as their earbuds receive good reviews.

For anyone else, http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/wwwaproearcouk?rt=nc offers great customer service, akin to Trinity Audio. The HiSoundAudio Flamenco at only £17.99 is a great deal. this little thing really punches above it's weight and is super comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back