CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 17, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #28,696 of 31,833
Got my Tin T2 Evo today. First impressions are that it's closer to the T2 sound than the T2 Plus was. Treble is a bit strident, especially at higher volumes, but the trade off for this is great detail levels for any money (to my ears there is more detail in the Evo than the P1, timbre is probably better too though it's close, but the P1 is a more cohesive and musical offering.) Obviously I haven't burnt in yet but first impressions are of a pretty good IEM. Weaknesses are that the treble is slightly hot and the bass is only adequate, although it is blisteringly fast. Separation is on a par with the Blon BL05S at the top of the class, though soundstage is only average to my ears. I'll review them at some point but I'm super busy at work right now so it may take a while.

Sep 20, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #28,699 of 31,833
Hello, i wanna buy an iem priced around 40$, and i usally listen to contemporary classical music, field recordings like these

it needs to be well balanced.
What would be your suggestions?

The music sounds scary.. :sweat_smile:
Remind me to the horror movie "Midsommar"

Neutralish IEM such as Tin T2, Tin T2+ or HZSound Heart Mirror might fit music like this.. I myself use Heart Mirror to listen to classical music (classic, baroque, romantic, renaissance..)

Sep 20, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #28,700 of 31,833
Sep 20, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #28,701 of 31,833
Tin T2 would be a good pick if you like smooth sound.
Tin T2 is smooth, held surprising quite amount of details and its neutral enough to help you listen all the sound easily.

If it wasn't for KZ in your face fun sound which charmed me back then, i might prefer it over KZ ZS5.
It was after i bought KZ ZS5, i started understand what ear fatigue is. I only able to listen to it form 2 hour max before it got too tiring for me to listen to it.

Sep 24, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #28,703 of 31,833
Has anyone tried the Bamboo Forest Bird Larks (Chinese: 竹林鳥 百靈)?

They're a $15 bullet style IEM with MMCX connector from a fairly new company.

There was one post about them on this forum, but it seemed suspiciously positive.

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #28,705 of 31,833
What I've noticed about starfield and aria is that not many people are left defending them in their price bracket compared to the overwhelming hype they received at launch.

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #28,706 of 31,833
I only listen to Aria now. It's the only "hype" I never regretted buying into. Especially as it only cost me around 70 euro a couple months back.

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #28,707 of 31,833
I only listen to Aria now. It's the only "hype" I never regretted buying into. Especially as it only cost me around 70 euro a couple months back.
you still prefer it over the heart mirror and the starfield?

Sep 24, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #28,708 of 31,833
you still prefer it over the heart mirror and the starfield?
Yes, I have tried those three several times and prefer the Aria over both others.
My sleep playlist contains some boy soprano songs (treble in the literal sense), and the Aria just outshines every other iem I own in that regard with precision and clarity, but no sibilance of harshness. It also excels in classic rock/pop and classical music.

Sep 24, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #28,709 of 31,833
Yes, I have tried those three several times and prefer the Aria over both others.
My sleep playlist contains some boy soprano songs (treble in the literal sense), and the Aria just outshines every other iem I own in that regard with precision and clarity, but no sibilance of harshness. It also excels in classic rock/pop and classical music.
nice... :thumbsup:

When I got Heart Mirror a couple of months back, I was actually on the fence between the two... in their launch, Aria was about $65 and HM was $48... I did not consider price difference but could only get one of the two (no budget to get both). I decided on HM since it raised my curiosity more. I have no regret and pleased with HM, but someday I want to listen to Aria as well. :)

Sep 24, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #28,710 of 31,833
I have both Aria and HM. They have different characteristics. But HM has great advantage with its price and included accessories.

HM stands out for its clear, bright presentation. It has lighter bass with a sweet sub bass extension. If you want it to slam harder, it responds to EQ very well.

Mids are great especially female vocals. Hzsound wrote the reason really nicely why they name it this way.

SmartSelect_20210924-134352_AliExpress.jpg

And I really agree with this description. Such pure, clear, bright sounding iem with great technicalities for its price range. Vocals sound really transparent. The timbre is really good and soundstage is very deep. I managed to get better scene by changing the cable to a pure copper cable. This also lead me to take its brightness. It's really good with instrumental songs, Jazz, Ambient, Chillout etc. But I don't think it's suitable for Rock, Pop, R&B etc. Because of being bass light.

On the other hand, we have Aria with a tonality that everyone would like and that could fit almost anything, at least would handle more than HM.

Aria stands out for its beautifully rumbling bass. Really deep, slams hard and quite agile.

Mids are slightly recessed and sometimes thin sounding but I really don't mind laid back presentation as I use it for listening to different kinds of music.

Treble is really great with a decent amount air and extension in the ultra high end.

Timbre is really good as well with a decent soundstage. Imaging can be improved by taking out the filter hexagonal holes leaving the other black taped one.

Aria's stock cable doesn't reflect its potential and matching aria with a pure silver cable improves its technicalities adding more edge.

Long story short, if you like bright sounding iem, go for HM. If you doesn't wanna spend much go for HM and try to EQ it to your taste. If you want to cover most of your library (assuming that you listen to many different types of songs like me) go for Aria. I can't tell that Aria deserves the price difference but buying Aria is a secure way because of its characteristics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back