CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 7, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #29,386 of 31,833
I know you guys love some proper Chifi Review, so today's we're having a look at the Robin IEMs from KB EAR, a sub-bass focused IEM with good detail, and good comfort. If you ever used a KZ IEM, you'll be familiar with the fit of the Robin, not to be confused with the Sivga SV021 Robin that bears the same name, and a pretty similar sonic presentation

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2021/12/kbear-robin-iems-5-drivers-bass-sub-focus.html

KB-Ear-KBEAR-Robin-IEMs-Chifi-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-12.jpg

Dec 7, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #29,388 of 31,833
What the f*ck happen with that graph? a middle mountain
I'm assuming it's a resonance caused by vibrations within the enclosure. I did a similar EQ experiment with the cheapo Parts Express headphones that people buy as a headband for their Koss KSC75s and there's a similar massive resonance, except pushed lower into 250Hz. I couldn't find a way to open the driver enclosure without breaking it, but it looked like it was just a driver and some wires inside a plastic cylinder with zero damping materials. Not even a fancy little waveguide like the KSC75, just some holes drilled in.

Dec 7, 2021 at 11:01 PM Post #29,389 of 31,833
As I have been in a ''hiatus'' for about a year lately i didnt hear everything under 100$...OK, even without the hiatus i wouldnt have heard everything but i'm confident about those 3 IEM for being great ones in term of technicalities sound value + more than decent tonality (well, 2/3 here).
I will perhaps update this list too since I order Etymotic ER2XR....but i doubt it.
Any suggestions about MUST HAVE SINGLE DD FOR TECHNICALITIES MIND BLOWN (with more than decent tonal balance) are Welcome!

Dec 8, 2021 at 2:24 AM Post #29,390 of 31,833
As I have been in a ''hiatus'' for about a year lately i didnt hear everything under 100$...OK, even without the hiatus i wouldnt have heard everything but i'm confident about those 3 IEM for being great ones in term of technicalities sound value + more than decent tonality (well, 2/3 here).
I will perhaps update this list too since I order Etymotic ER2XR....but i doubt it.
Any suggestions about MUST HAVE SINGLE DD FOR TECHNICALITIES MIND BLOWN (with more than decent tonal balance) are Welcome!

The new Tin T3 Plus graphs similarly to the Moondrop Aria 2021, but from brief listening, I think the Aria is still slightly better in technicalities and timbral accuracy. Will need to do more testing over the next few days to confirm this.

Whizzer HE01 and TForce Yuan Li are quite good sets too, I consider them sidegrades to the Aria 2021.

Dec 8, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #29,391 of 31,833
The new Tin T3 Plus graphs similarly to the Moondrop Aria 2021, but from brief listening, I think the Aria is still slightly better in technicalities and timbral accuracy. Will need to do more testing over the next few days to confirm this.

Whizzer HE01 and TForce Yuan Li are quite good sets too, I consider them sidegrades to the Aria 2021.
Tin T3+ have LCP Driver.
Legend has it that LCP Driver sounds better after the store warranty expired. :jecklinsmile:

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #29,392 of 31,833

I didn't find the Aria to be particularly technical though. I ended up selling mine 😅

Dec 8, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #29,393 of 31,833

Tin T5, performance of their DOC drivers is very impressive, the tuning while not terrible could be a bit better, some hate them.

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #29,394 of 31,833
I didn't find the Aria to be particularly technical though. I ended up selling mine 😅

Ya the Aria isn't that technical compared to some multi driver monstrosities, like most other budget single DDs. But as an overall package, if you look at the 3 Ts of tonality, technicalities and timbre, I think the Aria does meld these 3 areas well.

Personally I'd take tonality and timbre as a first priority over a technical monster that has coherency and timbral flaws, though as usual, different strokes for different folks.

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:43 AM Post #29,396 of 31,833
Aria or Tin t3+ for pop, rnb & alternative music? 🤔

I think you can't go wrong with either. They aren't too far away from each other tuning wise. But Tin T3 Plus to me has a bit more bass thump, so if you want more bass kicks, then the T3 Plus is a better option.

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #29,397 of 31,833
I think you can't go wrong with either. They aren't too far away from each other tuning wise. But Tin T3 Plus to me has a bit more bass thump, so if you want more bass kicks, then the T3 Plus is a better option.
Similar but with more bass thump...
if the low male vocal is thicker i might prefer T3+ over Aria.
But right now, i'm acclimating to Aria sound sig. normally i would prefer more frontal bass,
but started to enjoy more of the portion and positioning of instrument shown by it.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #29,399 of 31,833
Can anyone reccomend a pair of budget iems that are similar to the aria mids wise but have better treble extension?
Ideal would be NM2+, but its like.... double the price. The Heart Mirror is mentioned a lot here. You can go hybrid but then its sacrificing coherency

(I'm waiting Nicehck DB1 to arrive but - and I hope I am wrong - it may sound thin...)

Dec 8, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #29,400 of 31,833
Ideal would be NM2+, but its like.... double the price. The Heart Mirror is mentioned a lot here. You can go hybrid but then its sacrificing coherency

(I'm waiting Nicehck DB1 to arrive but - and I hope I am wrong - it may sound thin...)
Thanks, I've heard it and I'd prefer something with less bloated midbass if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back