CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 31, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #25,608 of 31,833
IMG_20200831_225251.jpg

Hello. I've already posted about these Shini Q140 (copy of Sony mdr Q140) on another thread..but I would like to share my opinions on these wonders here too. I think for 3$ (yes only THREE dollars on aliexpress) these are absolutely an hidden gem. Impossible no one on this huge forum has ever tried these..because they sound way above their ridiculous price, pretty much like full big headphones!! Amazing punchy, precise and tight bass that doesn't bloat the clear and not recessed mids, sparkling highs sometime slightly bright. Soundstage is decent large with precise instruments separation.
The earhook style is obviously outdated but I find them extremely comfortable even after hours because these are so light in weighr (these are made of plastic yes, but high quality plastic). Isolation is poor and you will have to turn your device volume up..but if used at home who cares? The braided cable tangles easily but it is robust and not microphonic.
IMO these are some of the best sounding Chi-Fi bargain ever. Those of you who own the VE monk plus think of a similar signature but much more energetic.

Aug 31, 2020 at 5:47 PM Post #25,609 of 31,833

Hello. I've already posted about these Shini Q140 (copy of Sony mdr Q140) on another thread..but I would like to share my opinions on these wonders here too. I think for 3$ (yes only THREE dollars on aliexpress) these are absolutely an hidden gem. Impossible no one on this huge forum has ever tried these..because they sound way above their ridiculous price, pretty much like full big headphones!! Amazing punchy, precise and tight bass that doesn't bloat the clear and not recessed mids, sparkling highs sometime slightly bright. Soundstage is decent large with precise instruments separation.
The earhook style is obviously outdated but I find them extremely comfortable even after hours because these are so light in weighr (these are made of plastic yes, but high quality plastic). Isolation is poor and you will have to turn your device volume up..but if used at home who cares? The braided cable tangles easily but it is robust and not microphonic.
IMO these are some of the best sounding Chi-Fi bargain ever. Those of you who own the VE monk plus think of a similar signature but much more energetic.

Mine will be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday and with shipping cost me five quid. I'll report back, hopefully with good news. Nothing will surprise me in the world of HiFi, ChiFi any more. Big money is often grasping and craving. In UK English we often say people 'stink of it'. I wonder what that alludes to? Recently companies like BQEYZ, Blon, iBasso, ISN have all produced wonderful IEMs for very little money. I would love it if a 3 dollar headphone outdoes some more expensive gear.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #25,610 of 31,833
Mine will be arriving tomorrow or Wednesday and with shipping cost me five quid. I'll report back, hopefully with good news. Nothing will surprise me in the world of HiFi, ChiFi any more. Big money is often grasping and craving. In UK English we often say people 'stink of it'. I wonder what that alludes to? Recently companies like BQEYZ, Blon, iBasso, ISN have all produced wonderful IEMs for very little money. I would love it if a 3 dollar headphone outdoes some more expensive gear.

For 3$ you'll love them just like I do.
These gems sound good with all genres of music. Instruments reproduction is so accurate. I am amazed by their driver capable of handling everything with so much precision and details. Usually one is expecting a hollow and ridiculous sound at this price and the plastic look doesn't help but for their sheer value these DESERVE THEIR PLACE in this forum! Absolute hidden gem.

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #25,612 of 31,833
The parent company is Estron, who designs and manufactures their own drivers (including BA), their own assembly, and OEMs for other well known companies. You just don’t hear about them a lot because they don’t market any earphones with the Estron name.

Their own products are sold under the Timmkoo brand name, but it’s honestly a poor choice of names IMO. They would make a lot more money with better marketing and availability, but it’s possible that they have contractual non compete agreements in place (who knows).

So I got the EST... Wow wow wow. I feel like I robbed Amazon at the price I paid. The soundstage on these beauties is INSANELY GOOD. Slater mentioned these came out as their flagship and easy to see why. Stereo imagery is superb.

Came with an awful cable and tips but easy fixed. Not the prettiest earphone but very comfy and for the sound not bothered

Sep 1, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #25,613 of 31,833
So I got the EST... Wow wow wow. I feel like I robbed Amazon at the price I paid. The soundstage on these beauties is INSANELY GOOD. Slater mentioned these came out as their flagship and easy to see why. Stereo imagery is superb.

Came with an awful cable and tips but easy fixed. Not the prettiest earphone but very comfy and for the sound not bothered

Yeah, EST tips and cable are rubbish. OK for free, but like you said, it’s something that is easily fixed.

I do like the tips that come with the C631 though. They are medium bore, with a flesh/peach colored core. Excellent quality tips, comfortable, and sound great.

Sep 1, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #25,615 of 31,833
Yeah, EST tips and cable are rubbish. OK for free, but like you said, it’s something that is easily fixed.

I do like the tips that come with the C631 though. They are medium bore, with a flesh/peach colored core. Excellent quality tips, comfortable, and sound great.

Wonder if the EST is available on Aliexpress? I can't seem to find it.

Sep 1, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #25,616 of 31,833
Wonder if the EST is available on Aliexpress? I can't seem to find it.

Nope, it used to be available on alibaba wholesale, but you had to buy min qty of 3-4 at $60 or $70 each.

The Amazon listing is some sort of stock close out to get rid of them, because $19.99 is way below cost.

Sep 1, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #25,617 of 31,833
Nope, it used to be available on alibaba wholesale, but you had to buy min qty of 3-4 at $60 or $70 each.

The Amazon listing is some sort of stock close out to get rid of them, because $19.99 is way below cost.

Man those EST's gettin' cheap fast. How does Sonion make any money?!! :yum: :laughing:

Sep 1, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #25,618 of 31,833

I just bought a second pair cos that price is mental, even with fees to UK. I'd be annoyed if they broke and disappeared from sale anywhere. There are some sets you know are genuinely special, these suit me to a T. What I like about the soundstage is at the corners and sides of your head there's some weight to all the sounds, be it backing vocals, different background instruments. Some sets the same sounds and wide stereo details are there but faint and a lot of the time boosted treble. Orchestra and classical are a real highlight. I've said before I like John Williams soundtracks (cheesy as some are) and they are a joy with EST. You really do hear a fully spread out orchestra.

Sep 1, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #25,619 of 31,833
Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #25,620 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back