CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 3, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #22,367 of 31,831
My Jade Audio EA3s have finally arrived. They look nice in smoky black. Really impressed by the build quality. Starting burn-in, will report back in due course.

Jan 3, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #22,368 of 31,831
Flying cars have been around for awhile(private builders and skunkworks programs)but there is zero need for them so until there is, we will never see them. Likely there will never be a need for them. The thought is actually quite stupid really and more of an issue then self driving cars, which will need a decade or so to iron out.

Interesting thing is that look at how crazy advanced tech has become just in the past decade. It will likely triple in the next decade. and then the next decade and then the next. 30 years from now will be insane Blade Runner type ish or we will have destroyed everything and have to start over again.

Ok tin foil hat put away now.

Jan 3, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #22,369 of 31,831
My Jade Audio EA3s have finally arrived. They look nice in smoky black. Really impressed by the build quality. Starting burn-in, will report back in due course.
Mine is still next week probably

Jan 3, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #22,370 of 31,831
Interesting thing is that look at how crazy advanced tech has become just in the past decade. It will likely triple in the next decade. and then the next decade and then the next. 30 years from now will be insane Blade Runner type ish or we will have destroyed everything and have to start over again.

Ok tin foil hat put away now.

It terrifies me to think of how many things that have been invented or made affordable in my lifetime that have been made obsolete (for most people) by one device. CD players, MP3 players (I know to many on here, these are still a thing but to the average Joe, not so much), Sat Nav, Camcorders, Laptop Computers even. All killed or rendered niche by the mobile phone. How long before a phone ships with a seriously powerful headphone amp built in for the audiophiles? LG have already come close.

Jan 3, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #22,371 of 31,831
It terrifies me to think of how many things that have been invented or made affordable in my lifetime that have been made obsolete (for most people) by one device. CD players, MP3 players (I know to many on here, these are still a thing but to the average Joe, not so much), Sat Nav, Camcorders, Laptop Computers even. All killed or rendered niche by the mobile phone. How long before a phone ships with a seriously powerful headphone amp built in for the audiophiles? LG have already come close.
IMG_20200103_142524.jpg

Jan 3, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #22,377 of 31,831
Once A.I. and the robot invasion get ramped up, tech will be probably be up 100% YOY until skynet happens.

Scary thing is that almost 100% of everything is digital now. Music, TV, vidoegames, magazines and books, information. Everything.

When Skynet happens, and it always happens, there will be nothing to build on. Knowledge and information will cease to exist.

My guess the next step up for IEMs is actual implants inside the ear itself and will be able to reproduce the sound that you want, either by your phone or by just mood.
I'm kind of excited by that.

Jan 3, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #22,378 of 31,831
If it will reverse the hearing damage and tinnitus caused by too much loud music and crashing cars for a hobby then I am definitely all for it.

Unless the implants are by Beats. They can keep those.

Jan 3, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #22,379 of 31,831
My EA3 was dispatched to my country last Friday. I was expecting it to arrive yesterday.. didn't happen.
So I was sure that it would arrive today.

Didn't happen.

Talk about luck huh? Now I need to have patience for the holidays to pass so the post office works. Very disappointing.. I was truly hoping I'd be able to give it a listen before New Year.
So far it has been 19 days in transit : )
Mine have finally arrived in the US I think.

Jan 3, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #22,380 of 31,831
If it will reverse the hearing damage and tinnitus caused by too much loud music and crashing cars for a hobby then I am definitely all for it.

Unless the implants are by Beats. They can keep those.
Post of the year already?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back