CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 12, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #2,193 of 31,833
My tennmak pros suddenly died on me. the left earbud stopped working. At first, I thought it was a cable issue but after switching cables it seems that the earbud is the one with the problem. Should I buy the new tennmaks( one with the braided cable)? i did like the sound and isolation it offered me. Or can you guys recommend other options as well? 

If you bought it from their AE store message them and they'll probably send you a new one. Their customer service is excellent.

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #2,194 of 31,833
My tennmak pros suddenly died on me. the left earbud stopped working. At first, I thought it was a cable issue but after switching cables it seems that the earbud is the one with the problem. Should I buy the new tennmaks( one with the braided cable)? i did like the sound and isolation it offered me. Or can you guys recommend other options as well? 

Ask for rma at the same time can get the memt x5 as backup

Mar 13, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #2,196 of 31,833
Quote:
Are the MEMT X5s really that good? They seem to be getting a lot of praise recently. 

How do they sound when compared to the ZS3s (I love the ZS3's sound signature)? I am willing to try them if they have a non-fatiguing sound signature like the ZS3s. 

I don't have the ZS3 but I do have the tennmak pro and the memt x5. the X5 is like a tennmak pro on steroids. bass is punchier, wider soundstage and more details retrieval ( better treble with minimal sibilance )

Mar 13, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #2,197 of 31,833
My pair of Memt X5 are also great for the price. 
Even though they got much praise I didn't expect them to be that good.

Unfortunatelly for me (!) it's not the soundsignature I crave right now. 
The bass is doing well for 80% of my music (Rock, Pop, EDM, etc.) but it is too much for the rest (Acoustic, Orchestra, Folk especially) which I want to sound airy and light, sparkly highs I'd say, with noticable though limited bass. One thing that totally seems to be a dealbreaker are flutes in songs, they really need their space to shine.

So they definitelly get a recommendation for everyday use but I've got to mention those special cases in which I prefer my FXT90

Cheerio 

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #2,198 of 31,833
I don't have the ZS3 but I do have the tennmak pro and the memt x5. the X5 is like a tennmak pro on steroids. bass is punchier, wider soundstage and more details retrieval ( better treble with minimal sibilance )

My pair of Memt X5 are also great for the price. 
Even though they got much praise I didn't expect them to be that good.

Unfortunatelly for me (!) it's not the soundsignature I crave right now. 
The bass is doing well for 80% of my music (Rock, Pop, EDM, etc.) but it is too much for the rest (Acoustic, Orchestra, Folk especially) which I want to sound airy and light, sparkly highs I'd say, with noticable though limited bass. One thing that totally seems to be a dealbreaker are flutes in songs, they really need their space to shine.

So they definitelly get a recommendation for everyday use but I've got to mention those special cases in which I prefer my FXT90

Cheerio 

Thank you very much! I mostly listen to chillout trance and post-rock music and looking for a non-fatiguing iem with good bass. So, I guess these will be ok for me.

What colors did you get? Gold or Silver?

It's hard to say from the pictures, but do you think that they used a tacky shade of gold that might draw too much attention or look gaudy? Also, do you think the X5s might start losing the gold colored coating after some time? I am trying to decide between gold and silver.

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #2,199 of 31,833
I've got the silver ones.
Those may be plated, not coated. They feel like pure metall and scratching (just tested) doesn't do much harm.
I think you'll get mor attention because of the white cable (which is quite springy and are prone to deliver a bit of noise) not the earparts themself. So it comes to which color one prefers in general.

Mar 13, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,200 of 31,833
  I've got the silver ones.
Those may be plated, not coated. They feel like pure metall and scratching (just tested) doesn't do much harm.
I think you'll get mor attention because of the white cable (which is quite springy and are prone to deliver a bit of noise) not the earparts themself. So it comes to which color one prefers in general.

Thank you. Yes, I wish they used a darker color for the cable.

Mar 14, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #2,201 of 31,833

Thank you very much! I mostly listen to chillout trance and post-rock music and looking for a non-fatiguing iem with good bass. So, I guess these will be ok for me.

What colors did you get? Gold or Silver?

It's hard to say from the pictures, but do you think that they used a tacky shade of gold that might draw too much attention or look gaudy? Also, do you think the X5s might start losing the gold colored coating after some time? I am trying to decide between gold and silver.

The housing on both the silver and gold are really solid. I have both, while my wife has the pink (or rose gold?). For now, they feel like a solid metal that doesn't fade....that's what I got so far.

I'm actually the first one to get them and mentioned them on head-fi....so the housing so far is holding up very good!
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #2,203 of 31,833
Could any of the headphones (on ear, over ear) on the list be taken as equivalently great bang-for-the-buck as the Monks are?

For me that would be the SuperLux 668B, for sure not the ultimate in resolution but for the price they perform extremely well
wink_face.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2,205 of 31,833
So I've tried several chinese budgetfi iems lately. These iems are kz zst, kz zs3, tennmak piano, tennmak pro and mi hyrbid. And none of these can replace my fidue a65 which is giving up on me. The tennmak pro comes the closest to the a65's sound signature. But the highs are lacking the sparkle that I like from the fidues. The tennmak piano pretty much have the same bass quantity as the a65 when I used after market tips but the midrange are laidback as opposed to the a65 which are slightly mid centric. The ones from kz didn't really impressed me. Can anyone recommend some iems that has warm+smooth sound signature with good soundstage and imaging? I think fidue a73s are the best bet but the price is out of range for me right now. And a replaceable cable would be a nice touch too if anyone cares to suggest something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back