Best Bluetooth stereo headphones?
Mar 5, 2011 at 5:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

riahc3

100+ Head-Fier
(Sorry if this isnt the right section) Hello to everyone here. Just joined and hope I can find great information in the future :)

Im looking for opinions on a high quality Bluetooth stereo headphones.

Im currently enjoying (and like this style):

Sennheiser PMX 60  I got them really cheap and I enjoy them very much (a bit TOO loud and the bass is kind of weak) for the price.

I like my headphones to be
1: Loud
2: Clear vocal quality so you can actually hear what the artist is saying
3: Good bass

A quick search showed up the

Sennheiser MM 100

Which look ALOT alike. Im reading mixed reviews: Sound is great, bass is on the so-so, battery life seems amazing, a bit pricy, etc. so if someone has expirence or can point me to a alternative, thank you very much and I hope I can be here a long time :)

Mar 5, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 17
Mar 5, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 17

Quote:
X2

while im still lookin for a good set as well, came across these: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DRBT50-Stereo-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B000PCCLPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299324207&sr=8-1

thats a pretty good price for blutetooth, and reviews have pretty much confirmed that the sound is good. Obviously not too detailed and all that, but for the bluetooth and the price i reckon its a bargain.

Thanks and those look pretty nice but its way out of my price range and because I walk thru public places (streets, roads, crosswalks,etc) I need to hear SOME sound from the outside for my own public safety.

Ill keep a eye out for them if I see a great deal though...

Mar 5, 2011 at 2:48 PM Post #5 of 17

Quote:

There is a bit of contradiction here!
You want them loud, yet your present ones are "TOO" loud?
Do they not have volume control?
I guess bass on such small, open phones will always be lacking, this one from Nokia you can get cheap, and still have very clear and open sound (but not too much bass!):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-BH-501-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B000IJ6V0Q

The newer (and more expensive ones!) does have more bass:

http://www.nokiausa.com/find-products/accessories/all-accessories/headsets/bluetooth-stereo-headsets/nokia-bluetooth-stereo-headset-bh-905i

Or you can get something like this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/bluetooth-2-0-a2dp-avrcp-stereo-music-receiver-and-handsfree-black-8422

and connect whatever phone you like to it.
And it works!

There is a difference between loud and loud enough that it can cause health issues. My current ones fall in that cat. Way too loud to be good for hearing...

And Nokia headphones? Seriously? :S I mean that gets sound sure but a good sound?

And the dealextremes arent worth mentioning because no (just no) and because I hate ear-ins....

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 17

Quote:
You have tried listening to Nokia's?
Before you blow them off, comparing to other low end headphones?
And Bluetooth connected at that too?
And if you read my comment on the DX device, I did imply you could use some other phones with the Bluetooth receiver.
And they do work with Sennheiser headphones too.
Like the PX100's.

No, I havent tried the behind-the-neck Nokia's but would you go to McDonalds to buy a graphics card? Exactly the same thing IMO.

I dont understand too well your "use some other phones with Bluetooth receiver". What does a phone have to do with this?

Mar 6, 2011 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 17
I got the Plantronics Backbeat 903 for working indoors and they are also good for working out.   Bass is very good and there is depth to the sound.  I have ordered 2, one for me and one for my employee at http://www.cellphoneshop.net/903.html 
Before I lost them, used to have the sleek sa1 wireless.   While their kleer technology is much superior to bluetooth IMHO, the unit was more cumbersome and too many parts. The SA1 was clearer in the mids and highs yet didn't have the bass as the backbeat.

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #9 of 17

Quote:

No, I havent tried the behind-the-neck Nokia's but would you go to McDonalds to buy a graphics card? Exactly the same thing IMO.

I dont understand too well your "use some other phones with Bluetooth receiver". What does a phone have to do with this?

Your present Sennheisers are no less low-fi than these Nokia. Brand name is not everything, especially in that price category.

He means HEADphones. You could use another HEADphone with the Bluetooth receiver. This gives you more flexibility chosing a phone and you might actually get something decent for your money. Bluetooth or other wireless headphones usually sound a lot worse than wired headphones in the same price category.

Mar 6, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #10 of 17

Quote:
I got the Plantronics Backbeat 903 for working indoors and they are also good for working out.   Bass is very good and there is depth to the sound.  I have ordered 2, one for me and one for my employee at http://www.cellphoneshop.net/903.html 
Before I lost them, used to have the sleek sa1 wireless.   While their kleer technology is much superior to bluetooth IMHO, the unit was more cumbersome and too many parts. The SA1 was clearer in the mids and highs yet didn't have the bass as the backbeat.

Sounds interesting. Are they comfortable? Thats the only "but" I see in them....

Quote:
Your present Sennheisers are no less low-fi than these Nokia. Brand name is not everything, especially in that price category.

He means HEADphones. You could use another HEADphone with the Bluetooth receiver. This gives you more flexibility chosing a phone and you might actually get something decent for your money. Bluetooth or other wireless headphones usually sound a lot worse than wired headphones in the same price category.

Before the Sennheisder PMX 60, I use to always use Sony MDR-G42 and they are (more or less) in the same price range and there is a CLEAR difference (Sony has more bass but the PMX 60s sound is so much clearer).

And now I understand; you ment a 3.5mm-to-Bluetooth adapter where I can plug in any headphone I want and connect the adapter to the device that transmits audio thru Bluetooth. Its a good suggestion but for my scenario it would just then be better to use wired headphones (and it would be cheaper).

Ill just go with straight stereo Bluetooth headphones. I understand they will be more expensive than, for example, my current ones but this I can understand since it uses Bluetooth.

Thanks for all the replies :) and keep the suggestions coming please.

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
You have tried listening to Nokia's?
Before you blow them off, comparing to other low end headphones?
And Bluetooth connected at that too?
And if you read my comment on the DX device, I did imply you could use some other phones with the Bluetooth receiver.
And they do work with Sennheiser headphones too.
Like the PX100's.

Not sure if I replied (having some connection problems it seems) but Nokia's headphones are made by a third party anyways. I dont think they are quality.

IMO, my headphones, PMX60, are in the low-mid range quality (quality, not price)

Mar 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #14 of 17
I have used quite a few different bluetooth headsets but, the best resource I found to get an impartial view on them can be found at http://www.bluetoothheadsetreviewsite.com , they are constantly adding new headset reviews. 

Mar 30, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #15 of 17
Stay away from the Moto s9/S9HDs. At least if you intend to do anything active with them. They have a horrible fit when you are moving around and your sweat will damage the speakers because of the bad design. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back