Best Behind the Head Headphones?
Apr 16, 2013 at 7:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kaelin

New Head-Fier
I've grown tired of using over the head headphones and was wondering what you guys would recommend for behind the head solutions instead? My Headphone history includes a Audio Technica ATH-A900's, as well as Sennheiser HD-555's (foam modded to 595's). I'm basically looking for something in similar quality or better...Around a 200 dollar price range or below if possible (cheaper the better...But willing to pay around 200 if I have too).

Audio to me is important so want to make sure I get something with at LEAST the same quality if not better to my past headphones. If anyone could toss me some advice as I've noticed there aren't really any on the sennheiser or Audio technica website, and I'm not sure if they even make high end headphone sets that are behind the ear. Looking forward to your responses ^_^. Edit- Forgot to mention I use this mostly for gaming. I also listen to music and movies as well which is why I choice my past selection. I run my mic separately and try to focus on the best audio quality possible for my price range for multiple tasks =P.

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 4
What about the i-grado? Same drivers as the sr-60i AFAIK

Apr 18, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #3 of 4
Just took a look at them...Noticed there price was quite low though. Any Idea how these would compare to my last two headphones? HD555 (Foam modded to 595), and ATH-A900's?....I bet they are a downgrade...

Guess I'm asking a bit much it seems...Don't really know which companies make high end behind the head headphones =*(.

Apr 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 4
^It would probably be a downgrade, yes, but it will compliment your headphones well. The lower end grado's sound quite good for the money, and they are something different from what you own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back