Best Basshead IEM
Nov 9, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #18 of 43
X10(with Sony Hybrid), Atrios, FX-500(Sony Hybrids) and S4. They all need Burn-in to make them shine, 3 days straight should be good.

Nov 9, 2009 at 9:14 PM Post #19 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by sebhuber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man, the IE8 is perfect. it is sooo lush..

It wasn't you who was saying the same thing the other day was it? The IE8's are NOT bl**dy perfect!
dt880smile.png

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #20 of 43
most powerful & deepest bass = FS Atrios
Smoothest, non-overpowering bass = Image X10
Most realistic bass = SE530's

my opinion anyway.... For me, the king of bass was the Atrios. Truly a powerful beast
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 7:01 AM Post #21 of 43
Denon C710... Harder hitting than anything else I have heard (without going crazy about it) although they need a helluva long time to burn in / settle down...

Nov 10, 2009 at 10:58 AM Post #22 of 43
I think that based on the reviews, Cyclone PR2 may be really good.

Problem is, when I see that an item is cheap, I tend to think that those more expensive may be better, which would lead me to my "upgraditis". $74 is real cheap, and would be a great deal if it really sounds good. But looking at the price, I think it is too cheap that might trigger my "upgraditis" within a few months, thus, hurting my wallet more.

I would really like to try one also, it can be a great gift too.

Nov 10, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by krismusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It wasn't you who was saying the same thing the other day was it? The IE8's are NOT bl**dy perfect!
dt880smile.png

haha noo, it wasn't me. my last posts were about my own opinion about the comparison between the re0 and the ie8.
let me rephrase it, the ie8 is soo lush, it is perfect for ME!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by infidel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that based on the reviews, Cyclone PR2 may be really good.
Problem is, when I see that an item is cheap, I tend to think that those more expensive may be better, which would lead me to my "upgraditis". $74 is real cheap, and would be a great deal if it really sounds good. But looking at the price, I think it is too cheap that might trigger my "upgraditis" within a few months, thus, hurting my wallet more.
I would really like to try one also, it can be a great gift too.

-
Lol, I get what you mean. But, the little buggers really have good bass.
-
Couple that with it's relatively wide soundstage, sufficient details and great synergy with the E5 IMHO (warms up the mids, piles on the bass AND widens soundstage by a tad), and you've got a $80 IEM (factoring in a buck for a decent tube of epoxy glue) that punches well above their price, bass wise anyway.
-
Their biggest problem is the crappy, crappy build and average isolation, IMHO.
-
In this situation, if you want something bassy with a more complete package, I'd say get the IE8, as my ears like fun sounding phones more.

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #25 of 43
hmm what about a super warm amp to go with the cowon S9? what are the options?

Nov 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #26 of 43
Yeah, based on my researches, the build of the PR2 is not that good. I think I read somewhere too that FX500's build is somewhat not that good.

Durability is VERY important to me, sometimes, I tend to be carefree.

Nov 10, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #27 of 43
Fx500 build quality is excellent and it is not anything near poor.the ie8 build quality and cable are top notch and hard to beat by Any other earphones.

Nov 11, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by j0s3pH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i use the atrios m5 and it bass extension is fantastic..

for value for money i would say atrios is arguably the best. the customer service is excellent as well.. anything wrong, Future sonics will replace for u..

The Atrios have fantastic synergy with the S9 and Fiio E5!

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #30 of 43
at Orubasarot

I am very happy with the bass response of the Klipsch Custom 3's - they out perform my DT770s even without an amp. However the cable really sucks, I suggest them because they have a very well rounded sound and after about 5 months of listening to them they have become my favorite. I got mine from amazon for about $130, the best I could find was from tiger direct for $160 -still a great price for some amazing headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back