Best Basshead IEM
Nov 11, 2009 at 6:08 AM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orubasarot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't posted in years since Head Fi walked me through a serious case of upgradetitis worth several thousand before I ended up with the HD650s. Now I'm so out of the loop I don't even recognize most of the brands you guys are mentioning. Back in the day there was Shure and Ety, and that's it.
Now I need the cheapest, decent quality, bassy IEMs for a runner. These headphones will be sweat on, they will be lost, trampled, crushed, pulled on, etc. So $300 worth of fidelity isn't what I'm aiming for here, instead just a buttload of bass for preferably under $100. Any suggestions?

-
Ugh, now THIS is hard. A good, bassy IEM under $100 that's nigh indestructible.
-
In this case, the cheaper options are best IMHO.
-
My personal pick for a trashable IEM with good bass goes to the Music Valley SP1 - cheap, cheerful with good bass that's never too flabby.
-
It does have a smallish soundstage, and - by design - cannot be worn over the ears. But I really can't fault it much.
-
You can get one for around $50 from ebay, last I checked. Also from Head-Fi member godluvsxs.

Nov 11, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #34 of 43
$75 seems about right, that's about how much I paid for my pair of FA Eternas.
-
I'd readily believe ClieOS when he says something sounds great, but if you want some form of confirmation (and the answer to the question "is it worth $75"), I'd wait a few more weeks for the first shipments of the Eternas outside of the motherland to hit (my sample included).
-
Around that time you'd start to see enough impressions of the Eterna to help you make up your mind.

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #36 of 43
Bose® in-ear headphones.
Quite a lot of bass bloom, especially if you get somewhat good seal.

Nov 12, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #38 of 43
FS M5's FTW. Just plain fun. You can tweak the sound to your liking simply by changing the tips. My current favorite is Shure Olives put on backwards, but I also like the grey ETY foamies a lot too.

Nov 13, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #39 of 43
I actually tried IE8 before, but the seal was not right, thus I was not satisfied, tomorrow, I'm about to try another IE8, I hope I will be able to try different tips in it to find the perfect fit.

If I still don't get the sound I want, I may stay away from IE8 then.

Nov 14, 2009 at 11:44 AM Post #40 of 43
I was able to try the IE8 again. This time, I got the proper seal and heard the real POWER of the IE8.

I want to try the other IEMs as there will be a meet of our organization on November 28. I hope there will be lots of basshead IEMs.

Meanwhile, please keep your ideas flowing in this thread.

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #41 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by infidel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already did some researches about this. Oh yeah, I used the search button and google.

I'm right now having hard time deciding which basshead IEM has the best value for money. Most of the recommendations I see are Senn IE8, FS Atrio M5, and Victors FX500.

They have pros and cons, most of which I already researched. But, I can't test the IEMs personally, that is the main reason why I decided to write this thread: To know if many people share the same pros and cons about the IEMs.

BTW, I'm using it with Cowon S9 + FiiO E5(I can upgrade this, or even remove if most of you suggest so).

I listen mostly to RNB, Hiphop, and rock songs. Most are bass heavy songs.

Basically, I want to have more options so I can choose which one would fit me best. I really want the one with best value for money, price range is less than $450.

Thank you. Keep Rocking.
L3000.gif

i am into bass, and i reccomend the superfi 5 eb!!! ive compared them directly to the atrio, westone 3, ie8, and i can tell u that the ue5 eb bass i sfar better, punchier, lower, just more bass, and the upper mid are clear,
--- i have the triplefi 10 and when i listen to rock or watch an action movie i defitnely prefer the ue superfi 5 eb,,
------you also might want to check out the audio technica cks70,, i am awaitng those in mail and will be able to directly compare them as well, just im me if i forget.. in addition the denon c710 will also be compared....
FYI the ue superfi 5 eb has a 13mm driver and the audiio technica cks70 has a 12.5mm driver,---
---the only other non custom iem i can think of that might compete with the 3 would be the mingo wm2 silver bass or vocal gold,, i also plan on having a go at these,,, ive read the bass quantity is the same in each howver the diffference lies in the mid section of the gold and silver,,,
annoying thing is you have to special order them from hong kong,, if so inclined try contacing TMS - Trading Co.
--hope this helps, as this would have helped me a great deal
cheers

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #42 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by nobb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SF5EB. I've used it for all types of music, it's great. Bass extends deep, it's nice and tight yet has a ton of punch. Bass wise, it's like a home theatre subwoofer whereas all the other IEMs Ive had had bass that extended deep, but had no impact like my SF5EBs did. Initially, I had to choose between the SF5EB and the Atrio M5, which are really popular as well. But I was weary of the comments that the M5s sounded "dark." The SF5EBs dont sound dark at all, in fact, I find them bright and crisp. Maybe it's because of the dedicated mid/high driver.

couldnt agree more, and ive spent a fortune on iems trying to find one with better bass punch to no avail,,,last on the list is the cks70, mingo wm2, and the denon c710
......if anyone else has any better suggestions please let me know!

Nov 22, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #43 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilkoolaidman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've heard the ATH-CKS70s are pretty close to IE8s and infact, I'm going to get them soon. Unforunately, I think they are only available in japan but you can still order them online. Since your budget is higher though I dunno if you should get something higher grade.

ive been trying to find an iem that out does the ue5eb,,,
currently testing cks70 vs denon c710 ... while the cks70 does seem to have more bass, it really lack the highs, the c710 highs on the other hand were a little to bright but neither are fully burned yet and im sure that the c710 high s will settle nicely,, sadly i dont see how the cks70 will improve in the highs with burn as it is lacking and i dont see how a burn could perfect something which i snot there(high)

--so far the cks70, while i liked its bass, seemed muffled or filtered as a result of it lacking the highs,,, so far i am definitely leaning toward the c710 for beter sq... plus it is very much louder than alot of iems as well.....

----but nothing comes close to uesuperfi 5 eb in bass department,(except maybe the wm2, or jh13) as i have not tested those

---would love to hear someones opinion on w3 vs, ie8 in bass performance..
--ican only gauge those two on memory but i think the w3 had more bass than ie8(with knob turned down) w3 highs seemed distorted, and ie8 seemed thin, and had liek 0 isolation and terrible fit, obviously are better with some tips that fit, but they were just awkard,,, anywho let me know if youve a-b them at same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back