1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

BEST BASSHEAD HEADPHONES?

1. JohnLD
    I know there are many threads out there, but I've tried asking on those threads and people just ignore my questions. Anyways I own Sennheiser HD 439's. the soundstage is great, good mids and highs, they are really light and super comfortable. But I'm looking for the two things they are lacking:

-Bass
    -Reduced sound leakage

I know the sennheisers have bass, but I am a basshead. I want ear rattling bass. I've even looking at a few headphones in particular:
    V-Moda Crossfade LP and LP2
    M-Audio Q40
    ATH-M50

My budget is 200$. 150 is my comfort zone but if they are that good then 200 is my max. I will not be using a pocket amp, and I am also looking for circumaural,
    Closed back headphones. Thankyou

2. RoMee Contributor
    My advice to you is buy the v-moda. You've been asking about them a lot, so I say kill your curiosity and buy them.

My personal opinion is the M50 has very little bass, the crossfade has the most bass out of all 3 but the sound quality is the worst on your list, the Q40 sounds the best and the bass comes close to the crossfade in regards to quantity.

M50 - Best isolation
    Crossfade - Bass quantity
    Q40 - Sound quality.... For a basshead it has a great combination of bass quantity/quality and mids and highs, non-basshead will probably prefer the M50's sound signature.

3. JohnLD

Thank you, this is the type of answer I was looking for.