BEST BASSHEAD HEADPHONES?
May 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JohnLD

100+ Head-Fier
I know there are many threads out there, but I've tried asking on those threads and people just ignore my questions. Anyways I own Sennheiser HD 439's. the soundstage is great, good mids and highs, they are really light and super comfortable. But I'm looking for the two things they are lacking:

-Bass
-Reduced sound leakage

I know the sennheisers have bass, but I am a basshead. I want ear rattling bass. I've even looking at a few headphones in particular:
V-Moda Crossfade LP and LP2
M-Audio Q40
ATH-M50

My budget is 200$. 150 is my comfort zone but if they are that good then 200 is my max. I will not be using a pocket amp, and I am also looking for circumaural,
Closed back headphones. Thankyou

May 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 3
My advice to you is buy the v-moda. You've been asking about them a lot, so I say kill your curiosity and buy them.

My personal opinion is the M50 has very little bass, the crossfade has the most bass out of all 3 but the sound quality is the worst on your list, the Q40 sounds the best and the bass comes close to the crossfade in regards to quantity.

M50 - Best isolation
Crossfade - Bass quantity
Q40 - Sound quality.... For a basshead it has a great combination of bass quantity/quality and mids and highs, non-basshead will probably prefer the M50's sound signature.

May 6, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #3 of 3
My advice to you is buy the v-moda. You've been asking about them a lot, so I say kill your curiosity and buy them.

My personal opinion is the M50 has very little bass, the crossfade has the most bass out of all 3 but the sound quality is the worst on your list, the Q40 sounds the best and the bass comes close to the crossfade in regards to quantity.

M50 - Best isolation
Crossfade - Bass quantity
Q40 - Sound quality.... For a basshead it has a great combination of bass quantity/quality and mids and highs, non-basshead will probably prefer the M50's sound signature.

Thank you, this is the type of answer I was looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back