Best bang fir the buck >>> UE Triple Fi 10
Mar 30, 2011 at 12:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

musiclee

New Head-Fier
Seems like these are a VERY good as far as bang for the buck

And have great sound

they were $350 ish On release I assume
And now can be had for low $200

For a triple driver? Any other triple drivers arbutus price and sound quality?

What's biggest problem with them?
Fact they are big and stick out ?

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 14
I have had the Triple Fi's for about a month now. The biggest drawback that I can come up with is that the mids are recessed compared to what I am used to. I have been using Ety ER4's for quite some time and wanted something a bit more lively for the generally older music I listen to.
So far I think I got what I was after I just really wish the Tripple Fi's had a just a little more midrange.

Mar 31, 2011 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 14
Another issue is with fit.

I simply couldnt get a seal for more than a few minutes no matter what tips I tried.

Enter Comply foam tips and I could finally enjoy the IEMs. Mids were a little recessed but otherwise I really started to like the TF10s.

Mar 31, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 14
They can now be bought for around 180 on amazon.
I've had them for several months and as much as i wanted to really like these, i just couldn't. I couldn't get over their recessed mids i even bought an after market cable hoping it would help, it did but not as much as i wanted. As for the fit, i would have to agree with brendon. My left bud would slowly start to slide out and the sound quality would drop dramatically (obviously).  in conclusion...i don't think i would buy these again.

Mar 31, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 14
They can be had for $100-150 on ebay and various forums(incl Head-Fi's For Sale section). They're one of the most comfortable IEMs out there if you can get a good seal. I can't really complain about the mids because I mainly listen to trance/electronic music with these, but overall they're pretty versatile with various genre. 

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #6 of 14
These are  quite comfortable if you wear them via flip-mod. They sound really really good with drums. I would also suggest comply tips. Only down fall is when I feel too lazy to try to put them on via over-the-ear and end up popping my RE-Zeroes or Ok1 (which then gives me a slap-in-the-face reminder how the Triple-fi's mids are). But I always go for the triple-fis first if I am going to listen to rock. OK1 if I feel like actually hearing the lyrics (or watch a stream video on my laptop). RE-Zeros when I'm feeling lazy are worn; and sometimes for R&B.
Remember, you can always EQ the mids up when using the Triple-fis.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:11 AM Post #8 of 14
The TF10s are a very versatile pair of IEMs. You have the ability to upgrade and modify it. It is a very big bang for your buck IEM. The TF10s are smooth throughout the mids, with the exception of the extended highs. The IEMs are also weighty due to the 2 low drivers. I tend to prefer these over many other IEMs. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #10 of 14
the fit issue isnt becuase of the earphones themselfs. its more bceuase the cable on the TF10 is heavy and someone hard. i had issues with the cable literaly pulling them out of my ears.

so if you want a pair of Triple.fi 10, i suggest you invest in a new softer cable and a pair of decent tips.
if you can get the monster supertips sampler kit off amazon for 15-20 bucks. go for it.

the cable and the complys were my main issues with the Triple.fi. i destroyed a pair of complys every 8-10 days and the cables kept pulling them out of my ears.

they could have sounded like angels singing as far as i cared. they could have never made me happy.

Apr 1, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #12 of 14
The fit issue is not just the cable, but the iem itself. Even with a Westone cable - and westone iems are well known for their fit - the TF10s still have bad fit issues.

Mine are being remolded by Kozee Sound Solutions. With the fit quality increase, these iems will be excellent!

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #13 of 14
I Love the triple Fi with Olives and my Null audio enyo cable.  I have yet to find as detailed and fun IEM.  My Olives and Complys saved my Triple Fis, I was on the verge of selling them due to horrible popping out issues, even with the Sony Hybrids.

Apr 1, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #14 of 14
I agree. I was one of the lucky ones to get the TF10s for $95 and, even at their normal retail price (around $180 or so), they're some of the best bang for the buck IEMs I own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back