Best android music player app?
Oct 19, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #196 of 633
Just curious if all players support random album playback? I was really enjoying the feature during 4 hours long trip today. When one album was finished the player randomly selected another, so I didn't touch telephone at all. Surprisingly could listen to couple albums I usually miss. Battery life was good as well. I accepted couple call during drive and after 4 hours of use phone is still ready for another standby day. Finally Android killed iPod classic as in storage as in flexibility of playback as in quality.

Oct 20, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #197 of 633
I know Poweramp has it, and I know Play Music doesn't have it.

Oct 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #199 of 633
I use Google Play Music. Despite the awful icon (I only mention this because it used to be a really nice icon, then they made it bright orange), the app has just gotten better and better. And I subscribe to the $7.99/month streaming service. The latest update added an "I'm feeling lucky radio" button that is just awesome, as I get introduced to new music that is like what I listen to. 

Oct 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #200 of 633
Yes, it is neat feature to know more music genres and performers. You are certainly getting lucky  man. Unfortunately my phone doesn't have Internet connection so I am out of the game and need to spend time digging different music lovers forums.

Oct 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #201 of 633
Its rare to find people who like GMusic. I find it not bad, and the new Holo UI is very good, but it has problems with tags and is slightly feature lacking compared to its brethren. Just my 2 cents

Oct 22, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #202 of 633
I recently got a Samsung Note 3, and the inbuilt music player has a feature called "Adapt sound", which basically customizes the EQ curve according to ones hearing perception of various frequencies..

I loved this feature as it compensates for one's hearing pitfalls, and the result sounds more detailed to my ears.

Are there any music player apps that have such an option of customizing the EQ curve according to one's hearing perception?

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #203 of 633
  I recently got a Samsung Note 3, and the inbuilt music player has a feature called "Adapt sound", which basically customizes the EQ curve according to ones hearing perception of various frequencies..

I loved this feature as it compensates for one's hearing pitfalls, and the result sounds more detailed to my ears.

Are there any music player apps that have such an option of customizing the EQ curve according to one's hearing perception?

That sounds awesome.

Oct 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #204 of 633
  Yes, it is neat feature to know more music genres and performers. You are certainly getting lucky  man. Unfortunately my phone doesn't have Internet connection so I am out of the game and need to spend time digging different music lovers forums.

Yeah, definitely not the player I would choose without a good (and unlimited) data plan

Its rare to find people who like GMusic. I find it not bad, and the new Holo UI is very good, but it has problems with tags and is slightly feature lacking compared to its brethren. Just my 2 cents

Well, All Access and the I'm Feeling Lucky button are features that nothing else has. 
wink_face.gif

Also, I am not saying that it doesn't have issues with tags, but I haven't run in to any.

Oct 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #205 of 633

Isn't that what everyone uses an EQ for? 
confused.gif

Edit- Ah, it uses a program to test your hearing over the full Freq range and automatically adjusts the EQ accordingly.

Oct 22, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #206 of 633
Well, All Access and the I'm Feeling Lucky button are features that nothing else has. :wink_face:  

That's the only thing I would use it for, the streaming and radio stuff, that is until sthe big G finally releases the API so people can integrate into other players.

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #207 of 633
Hello,

What smartphone do you use? How to connect or whith which DAC I could bypass the phones internal DAC?

I like using Power Amp as well. But started to think about getting a DAP. But so many issues about firmeware and slow IU, can´t send certain files via Coax and DAP doesn´t remember at track positions,...

Could I still use PowerAmps EQ when connected to DAC? Looks like a cheaper and easier to handle solution...

beyersmile.png
that´s what I am looking for

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #208 of 633
  Lots of posts and threads on this topic here already.

For pure sound quality people are going to recommend Neutron Music Player.

For overall SQ+features+UI you will get recommended a mix of PowerAMP and Player Pro.

There are dozens of other players but it is unusual to be recommended any outside of these three.

I use PowerAMP myself, but I'm doing all my listening via USB DAC/amp, so SQ is all handled off-device.

Hello,

What smartphone do you use? How to connect or whith which DAC I could bypass the phones internal DAC?

I like using Power Amp as well. But started to think about getting a DAP. But so many issues about firmeware and slow IU, can´t send certain files via Coax and DAP doesn´t remember at track positions,...

Could I still use PowerAmps EQ when connected to DAC? Looks like a cheaper and easier to handle solution...

beyersmile.png
that´s what I am looking for

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #209 of 633
If you're using USB audio out to another DAC (digital 2 audio converter), your phone's DAC is not involved at all, and since EQ works with the audio stream in digital, your player's EQ is in charge. :)

Steve

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #210 of 633
Additionally Mid band 2 on Neutron can take care of that nasty ear-canal resonance @ 7.5KHz. Cool!!

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back