Best android music player app?
Nov 21, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #227 of 633
  You can try the Noozy.

i have using this app since its release...

this is be best app so far... install and off you go...

if your phone's internal dac or external dac is wat they stated you can have even more EQ and features.

best of all its free....

http://dogsbark.net/portfolio/noozy-classic/

Doesn't support wav? How bizarre.

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #229 of 633

i just tried a wave file when i saw your reply....
it works... sounding as good...
i use flac and mp3 on my galaxy S4...
so i'm thinking if boils down to whether your phone supports it natively...

Good to know. It expressly does not mention wav on their website. I may give it a go now. Thanks

Dec 1, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #231 of 633
  GoneMad Player is on SALE - 75 % discounted until Dec 1st ! You can get it for just 0,99 $ right now at Google Play.

What are the benefits of GoneMad compared to Neutron and/or PowerAmp? I bought it to support the author (gotta love people working with music software!), but I haven't had the time to properly investigate the differences with Neutron.

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #233 of 633
I tried every combination to show the lyrics in flac files (the lyrics are embedded in my songs tag) with Neutron
I appreciate help. Thank you

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #234 of 633
This wouldn´t be a Thema if we finally will get a high qualtiy Player with a Wlan chip. I also use poweramp on my Asus Padfone to listen to my downloaded live Music. It is good and not expensive, but agian, it remans a Smartphone and not a high Quality Player.

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #235 of 633
Android's not the best-equipped OS to handle high-end audio, that's true.  But my understanding from the author of Neutron - the Neon version has features that when run on a rooted device, you can select a feature to have Neutron take direct control of the on-board hardware, passing straight out the USB pipe bypassing Android's 44.1KHz/16bit limit.

Steve

I've been trying to make that work, but my Fiio E17 still recognises the signal as 44.1/16.

Dec 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #236 of 633
Hi erythrocytes - Well hmm.   In the hardware config I am at this very moment, I cannot verify sample/bit rate either.  With all the talk of ALSA  -Advanced Linux Sound Architecture, and OSS - Open Sound System (more towards Unix), and reading the Neutron threads again, I'm finding more of my answer may have been based on conjecture from the facts presented as I read. 

I have since contacted the developer of Neutron directly and hope to hear back soon.

Steve

Dec 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #237 of 633
Hi erythrocytes - Well hmm.   In the hardware config I am at this very moment, I cannot verify sample/bit rate either.  With all the talk of ALSA  -Advanced Linux Sound Architecture, and OSS - Open Sound System (more towards Unix), and reading the Neutron threads again, I'm finding more of my answer may have been based on conjecture from the facts presented as I read. 

I have since contacted the developer of Neutron directly and hope to hear back soon.

Steve

Oh thank you, let,s hope it's possible.

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #238 of 633
  You can try the Noozy.

i have using this app since its release...

this is be best app so far... install and off you go...

if your phone's internal dac or external dac is wat they stated you can have even more EQ and features.

best of all its free....

http://dogsbark.net/portfolio/noozy-classic/

Finally got round to giving this a kick. On the LG 700 it boots like greased lightning and ripped through 32 GB of music in the blink of an eye. This phone has a dolby headphone gimmik built in so an external sound processor will not load. So the impressions here are the player only without any enhancements turned on. Wow. Widened the soundstage considerably over Neutron. Clarity is easily on par with the big N as well or perhaps a bit better.
Going to give this a kick on the Samsung I9000 and see how it flies with that.

Dec 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #239 of 633

Finally got round to giving this a kick. On the LG 700 it boots like greased lightning and ripped through 32 GB of music in the blink of an eye. This phone has a dolby headphone gimmik built in so an external sound processor will not load. So the impressions here are the player only without any enhancements turned on. Wow. Widened the soundstage considerably over Neutron. Clarity is easily on par with the big N as well or perhaps a bit better.

Haha glad you find it good...
its best without any sound enhancements...
one thing is that it is not available for tablets..

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #240 of 633
Hutnicks said:

Samsung galaxy s1? If you haven't already be sure to install voodoo sound first If you can. It
bypasses the poor Samsung kernel hardware controls providing much more power to the internal amp. Best thing you could possibly
do to improve the S1's music playing abilities. Highly recommended

Users who are viewing this thread

Back