Best android music player app?
Aug 19, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #466 of 633
What's best android music player ?
I can not give an answer.
Compare some apps VLC, Neutronmp, Uapp, Maiden audio (Onkyo hf player).

Neutronmp has full and richest sound.
Most natural to my ear. I use maximum setting of neutron : 96khz (384 possible but no need more than 96), high cpu resampling mode, 64 bit and 32 bit on, dither on, eq OFF).
Compare to all the others, neutron sound like have (virtual)output capacitors. Each musical instrument is not maximum separation, transparent but overall sound is best for listening by earphone or headphone.

Uapp, has maximum chanel separation between those app. Music instruments are clearity. I was surprised at 1st time I use it. Sometimes use it again, I still feel the same....but overall sound is not good, as lacking good combination of all string to be a music stream....
A cold music with more detail but thinner than Neutronmp.

More balance between Uapp and Neutronmp is Maiden audio by Onkyo.

Aug 19, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #467 of 633
I've never used USB DAC, but according to this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/566664/android-neutron-music-player/315#post_11388156 every player can output to a USB DAC as long as your phone supports it natively.

Separate in two type.
Type1 : audio signal, after decoding goes through ALSA(advance linux sound architecture) to your usb dac in digital form.
Type2 : signal goes directly to usb dac after decoding.

For type 2, use individual driver to controll the dac. Once allow the player to take controll, no other one or signal (such as call alerts, sms tone, sound from youtube....) can be exported to the dac.
Type2 app example : Neutronmp, Uapp, maiden audio/hf player, ... they have better Sq than type 1.

Neutronmp as a hybrid mode type1 and type2 which can switch by option. Maiden/hf player and uapp have only type2 mode.

Aug 19, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #468 of 633
Neutronmp has full and richest sound.
Most natural to my ear. I use maximum setting of neutron : 96khz (384 possible but no need more than 96), high cpu resampling mode, 64 bit and 32 bit on, dither on, eq OFF).

Clarify 96 Khz pls – settings on Neutron or music in 24-bit/96Khz (vynil and SACD quality)?
Dithering lossless 96 Khz? Not needed in my opinion.

Aug 19, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #469 of 633
Clarify 96 Khz pls – settings on Neutron or music in 24-bit/96Khz (vynil and SACD quality)?
Dithering lossless 96 Khz? Not needed in my opinion.

I use Neutronmp/uapp/maiden to feed my ksa1500 e-stat dac/amp. Dac of ksa1500 support just maximum 96khz. So I set 96khz in neutron with all music file.
Dither happen or not depending music file, when resampling happen. I set dithering on always.

I have a traditional dac/amp too and with it, I saw 96khz to 384khz is not different to my ears.
But when use pcm to dsd feature in maiden audio, clarity is big improvement

Aug 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #470 of 633
Some highlights of Android music apps.

*Best overall music : neutronmp.
Thick background for other instruments laid on it with warm and rich and soft tonality.
Satisfied hearing via hp or inears long time w/o tired

*Best file manager: neutron with all folder, artists, albums....etc and network tracks

*Best formats support : neutron.
all kind of musics from mp3 to dsd, dts-es... I can say neutron has no limit in this term.

*Best channel separation and clearity: Uapp and Maiden audio. I feel both are same in this term.
But for listening by hp or inear, that characteristics are not enough. You know some hiend DAP has crossfeed feature which reduce channel separation for hp use.

*Best with special feature : Maiden/hf player with PCM to DSD transaction. All other app usually transfer dsd to pcm or DoP to treat dsd track(for ext dac). Maiden does a reverse way!
(Of course it has dsd to dop or pcm when need)

*Best UI or easy to use : n/a it is not to be care

*Best for some not balance ears person : Uapp
It has independence EQ for L/R channels. Some people has one ear with less sensitive with treble than the other would do love this!
Also LR volume panning is possible.

From my trial many apps: neutron, vlc, uapp, maiden, hiby , deadbeef, rocket player, gonemad, denon, poweramp, player pro, MediaMonkey...

Aug 21, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #471 of 633
BTW can Foobar2k do USB Dac?

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #472 of 633
*Best file manager: neutron with all folder, artists, albums....etc and network tracks

*Best formats support : neutron.
all kind of musics from mp3 to dsd, dts-es... I can say neutron has no limit in this term.

*Best UI or easy to use : n/a it is not to be care

Best file manager and Best UI - Poweramp 3 Alpha.
Neutron is bad in updating media library. Playlists has troubles with images+cue - no song title only album in Pls and Main window. I am tired of splitting all my music for Neutron/other players.
Foobar is not bad as file manager but oversimplistic UI and lack of features make it unusable for me.

Using Neutron cause of SQ. I like my music warm and rich.

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #474 of 633
I like this! It is called the Casse-O-Player for Android, correct?

Terry

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #476 of 633
Actually the best sounding player is Stellio. It's a step up over PowerAmp Alpha concerning sound quality.
Hello can you compare the Stellio to the N7 player ?

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #477 of 633
  Actually the best sounding player is Stellio. It's a step up over PowerAmp Alpha concerning sound quality.

What players did you tried before? I played with Stellio for a week and return to Neutron. Stellio have some good points, but also have weak ones like 15-step volume control, poor options and output info. As I understand Stellio using default Android output with generic driver.

Sep 30, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #478 of 633
What players did you tried before? I played with Stellio for a week and return to Neutron. Stellio have some good points, but also have weak ones like 15-step volume control, poor options and output info. As I understand Stellio using default Android output with generic driver.
Any experience with N7 Player?

Sep 30, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #479 of 633
Stellio is a step up over N7 concerning SQ. Even PowerAmp Alpha sounds better than N7.

The best thing to do is to try them for yourself and compare.

I'm using Stellio with ViPERAndroid driver. The combo is killer.

Sep 30, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #480 of 633
Stellio is a step up over N7 concerning SQ. Even PowerAmp Alpha sounds better than N7.

The best thing to do is to try them for yourself and compare.

I'm using Stellio with ViPERAndroid driver. The combo is killer.
thanks for the reply and where do I go to DL this viperadroid? And how do I use that and a music player app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back