Best and Worst Remake of Song:
Jul 14, 2004 at 2:35 AM Post #16 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
Salival Amazon link

They do a brilliant interpretation btw. Better than the original? Maybe.

Thanks for the information. Quite expensive, huh? I have to remember "Salival" for future reference. I saw "A Perfect Circle" on tour with nine inch nails a few years back, [they were OK, but I wasn't impressed...] but I have never listened to a Tool album. What other Tool album do you think would be the best to check out...?
confused.gif

Jul 14, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #18 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by stromie
One of my many favorite remakes is Johnny Cash's version of Hurt by Nine Inch Nails. A song with tons of feeling adapted into his own style and his unique situation. Make sure to see the video to get the complete experience though

completely agree, that's a great rendition

my favorite cover is nightwish's Over the Hills And Far Away, originally by Gary Moore. one of the few covers I think is vastly better than the original...dunno why though

everyone still hates Tatu's How Soon Is Now, right? I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned...

Jul 14, 2004 at 7:07 AM Post #21 of 194
best: Luther Vandross' "A House is not a Home" (B.Bacharach/Dionne Warwick)

Worst:Eminem "Hail Mary" (Tupac)

Jul 14, 2004 at 7:17 AM Post #22 of 194
Best, I'll have to think about. Worst, Roseann Barr's rendition of the "Star Spangled Banner"!
eek.gif
Not a proud day for America. Ok, so I'll have to think about the 'worst' in the context of this thread too.

Jul 14, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #23 of 194
This might be blasphemy, but I like Joe Cocker's rendition of "A little help from my friends" better than the Beatles version. Ringo didn't have the greatest pipes, but Joe Cocker sure could wail.

Jul 14, 2004 at 8:16 AM Post #25 of 194
SRV's cover of Little Wing is just great!

Jul 14, 2004 at 3:20 PM Post #28 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by chan130
http://williamhung.net/ - William Hung ... definitely entertaining!! ... he BANGS!!

I like Hung's version of She Bangs better than that other guy that did it before him.
icon10.gif

I think the worst cover I have ever heard was Celtic Frost doing Mexican Radio, a song made famous by Wall of Voodoo.

I'll have to think more on the best cover.

Jul 14, 2004 at 3:54 PM Post #29 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb
I really like The Cure's version of Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze." Maybe the best remake of all time, Jimi Hendrix's remake of Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower."

Awesome, I was also going to suggest both of these. Good choices!

There are so many bad covers it's hard to choose. There seems to be this trend right now to cover 80s songs (like Jessica Simpson's horrible "Take My Breath Away"), and almost all of them suck.

Jul 14, 2004 at 4:29 PM Post #30 of 194
best: Nick Cave, Kicking Against the Pricks is an album-full of astonishingly good covers. my faves are black betty, sleeping annaleah, long black veil and all tomorrow's parties.

worst: yeesh... um...
rod stewart's version of "downtown train"
megadeth (i think it was megadeth) doing "anarchy in the u.s.a." ... with a steve jones cameo, no less
elton john's "lucy in the sky with diamonds."
miles davis did an über-cheeseball soft-jazz version of michael jackson's "human nature" that i heard once... made me want to eat my own vomit.
GnR's cover of "knockin' on heaven's door"

oh... and gotta give some props to sid vicious' "my way"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back