Best Amp to pair with ATH A900X?
Dec 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Toxicman1994

New Head-Fier
Hey all I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH A900X's and I was wanting to know, what is the best amp under 300$ to pair with these cans that you know of?

Any suggestions are welcome, I have never really gotten into the Amp side of things yet, and I was also wondering does it really make that much of a difference? Some of the fiio amp reviews I've seen, some people say that all they do is make the audio louder. 

Dec 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 3
  Hey all I have a pair of Audio Technica ATH A900X's and I was wanting to know, what is the best amp under 300$ to pair with these cans that you know of?

Any suggestions are welcome, I have never really gotten into the Amp side of things yet, and I was also wondering does it really make that much of a difference? Some of the fiio amp reviews I've seen, some people say that all they do is make the audio louder. 

The $27 FiiO E6 can drive the 42-Ohm A900X headphones.
What sources are you plugging the headphone (and amplifier) into?

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Looking for the exact same answer. I bought the a900x as a gift for my wife(I use them too :)). I'm not an expert at all but they just seem to be able to handle more power than my iPhone can provide.

I looked at fiio a bit. E6 looks good and price is too. Is it worth it to buy something more expensive like a e11 or e12? Or some other brand amp?

Thanks for the answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back