Best amp for my HEADPHONES AND ARE THEY WORTH IT.
Oct 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Beats-By-Dre

New Head-Fier
I need to know what AMP I should get and If I should get a amp?
I have the v moda lp2's
I'm wondering what amps do and if the worth it.
I'm willing to spend 50$ for the amp.
Should I get a amp and what do they do to music.
I want to improve the mids and I quess anything I can.
How much does it improve music? Or is it easier to buy something else I really don't know and I need help.

Oct 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #2 of 12
Try the pa2v2 or the Fiio e11. If your source is an iPod or iphone definitely pick up a Fiio l9 LOD. I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make though. External amplification didn't make a significant difference with my m-80's. you may like the eq of the e11 if earthquake-like bass is what you're looking for :)

Oct 27, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 12
Try Equing first, otherwise buy the beats. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #6 of 12
What do you mean buy the beats the v Midas are better in every single way so why should I bye the beats.
My source is a galaxy s3 and it has a 5.1 setting so how can I improve my headphones for 50 dollars

Oct 27, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 12
Fiio e11. There's one on amazon for $50

Oct 27, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
Do the v Modas need a amp to sound best and do they work with amps

I use my crossfade to listen to rap and hiphop and I also use the FiiO E11 and yes, they work great together.
The bass hits harder and is tighter, music is a bit cleaner too.
The FiiO E11 is a great starter amp.

NOTE:
I use a flat EQ with a line out from my fuze and ipod so I'm not sure how it sounds with different EQ and sound enhancements.

Oct 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #12 of 12
I'm not sure how to quntitatively determine the improvement with percentages. It doesn't really work that way. The most noticeable improvement will be in the bass. It will become tighter and overall more articulate. Try playing around turning the 5.1 setting on and off on your phone. More than likely that 5.1 processor is screwing with the signal and decreasing sound quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back