Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1
Apr 29, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #94 of 214
Hi  All,

I am new to audiophile.  Just got my first $1000+ headphone T1.  Thinking of getting the WA7, but I am very interested in finding out how WA7 would compare to WA2.  Has anyone tried them both with the T1?

Apr 29, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #95 of 214
haven't heard much on the WA7 with T1, but i bet the WA2 will be better. the synergy between the WA2 and T1 is well known. one of the best amps in its price range for this headphone.

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #96 of 214
Then if WA2, what DAC and tube do you prefer?  I heard that WA7 stock tube runs pretty well with HD800, and I thought that it should be just fine with the T1, given that the both headphones are on the bright side.  Btw, I do find T1 to be a bit bright too.  I can't turn the volume to as high as I would like cuz it bothers me a little. 

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #97 of 214
Quote:
Then if WA2, what DAC and tube do you prefer?  I heard that WA7 stock tube runs pretty well with HD800, and I thought that it should be just fine with the T1, given that the both headphones are on the bright side.  Btw, I do find T1 to be a bit bright too.  I can't turn the volume to as high as I would like cuz it bothers me a little. 

not necessarily, for example my WA6-SE works great with hd 800, but isn't as good with T1. the WA2 works great with both though better with T1. 

for Dac, umm depends on your budget. i use a Digital Link III, but its getting old now, theres the bifrost, at a similar price point, or more expensive dac's like W4S DAC-1/2, PS Audio Nuwave, Rega Dac, Nad M51, umm theres tons of DAC's out there. 

for WA2, i use Tung Sol 5998 power tubes (the best but expensive), JAN Sylvania 7308 drivers, and RFT EZ80 rectifiers.

this thread here has some options 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/574969/good-tube-combinations-for-the-woo-audio-2
theres tons of tube rolling available with WA2 though. lots of 6922 tubes out there.

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #98 of 214
Quote:

not necessarily, for example my WA6-SE works great with hd 800, but isn't as good with T1. the WA2 works great with both though better with T1. 

for Dac, umm depends on your budget. i use a Digital Link III, but its getting old now, theres the bifrost, at a similar price point, or more expensive dac's like W4S DAC-1/2, PS Audio Nuwave, Rega Dac, Nad M51, umm theres tons of DAC's out there. 

for WA2, i use Tung Sol 5998 power tubes (the best but expensive), JAN Sylvania 7308 drivers, and RFT EZ80 rectifiers.

this thread here has some options 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/574969/good-tube-combinations-for-the-woo-audio-2
theres tons of tube rolling available with WA2 though. lots of 6922 tubes out there.

Thanks Dubstep!  The link is very detail and its exactly what I did if I were to get the WA2.  But going with that route I will probably want the best of everything (over my budget).  Still debating, but leaning toward the less expensive WA7.

May 20, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #100 of 214
Meier Corda Concerto sounds brilliant with my T1's.

Plenty of power and detail, without any high end harshness.

May 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #101 of 214
I have a Meier Jazz and can echo what Trippin said about Jan's amps and the T1s. I like products that stand the test of time, and I'm about ready to pull the trigger on the Corda Classic. I've had the Jazz for over a year and for such little money it's been a great performer. I'd like to get a little bit more of a great thing, hence the upgrade. Meier Audio has a spring sale going on until June 21st, too.

May 31, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #102 of 214
Hi guys,

Thanks for all of the great suggestions!  I've already pulled the trigger on WA7.  In fact, I am listening with it now.  I love its sound with the T1.  It makes listening to my music a much more pleasant experience and fun.  The only thing is that I can now hear some "da" noise every now and then from my MP3s, which I didn't notice it with my Sound Blaster ZX sound card before.  I don't know if this is due to my poor source or the USB port.  Other then that, its perfect.

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #105 of 214
kinda like a static popping/clicking sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back