Best amp for Beyerdynamic T1
Jan 28, 2012 at 5:36 AM Post #61 of 214
I am currently using the T1/A1 combination and I definately do not find it "dry" or whatever. The treble might be a bit much for some users but as far as I'm concerned I will not need to upgrade in years. Well, months. Errr. I usually use a slight EQ (+3dB @ 55Hz, +1dB @ 77Hz, +1dB @ 110Hz) as I like a bit more bass. The T1/A1 combo handles EQ very well with no distortion whatsoever

I must admit however, I have never listened through a tube amp. But for now I am really happy with my system.

Jan 28, 2012 at 5:41 AM Post #62 of 214

Quote:
After all headphones is something to use because you don't
want to disturb people nearby.

That is definately not the only reason I use headphones. The feeling of having music played inside and around your head is a completely different experience which some people prefer. Stereo imaging becomes more extreme and for instance the panning of sounds in psychedelic music becomes more of a mind**** (in a good way) as soundwaves fly in through and around your head.

Edit: I can't believe cursewords are censored here lol

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #63 of 214
A1 is never favored on head-fi. 

someone can recommend a better option which can be easily found in Australia or purchased by people living in Australia? 

i can get a A1 from Amazon (us) for less than $750 delivered most of time. 

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #64 of 214
Quote:
A1 is never favored on head-fi. 

someone can recommend a better option which can be easily found in Australia or purchased by people living in Australia? 

i can get a A1 from Amazon (us) for less than $750 delivered most of time. 

If you can stretch your budget a bit, the WA2 is the best amp I've heard with the T1s ever. The A1 is a nice amp for them, but not great with other headphones that I tried with it (Grados, HD800s, D7000).

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #65 of 214
for a time I used the A1 for my T1's....it worked well but the A1 really didn't work with my other headphones....replaced the A1 with the Soloist and have been very happy.....all my cans now are well driven....

Jan 16, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #66 of 214
Quote:
If you can stretch your budget a bit, the WA2 is the best amp I've heard with the T1s ever. The A1 is a nice amp for them, but not great with other headphones that I tried with it (Grados, HD800s, D7000).

+1 I loved WA2 + T1 combo when I had it. When I get enough fund I wanna get WA2 again instead of upgrading my WA6SE to WA22

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #67 of 214
-1 for the WA2 + T1 combo ! 
biggrin.gif
 Really too laid back and lush for my taste ! I really prefer the Little Dot MKVI+. It's more detailed, better dynamic, better soundstage. And you can get a used MKVI+ for less than 700 $ in the classifieds !!

The B22 is also a great match for the T1.

My ranking of amps I tried (and owned) with the T1 :

1- B22
2- MKVI+ (with a nice set of Sylvania 7236 it's really close to the B22 )

3- Woo Audio 2

4- MAD Ear + HD 

5- Schiit Mjolnir (too aggressive for my taste)

6- Audio GD Phoenix (worst combo I ever heard !)

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #68 of 214
Don't listen to him, he clearly doesn't know of what he speaks.

"Too lush" ...pffffft ... given any reasonable definition of those two words, an inherently self-contradictory expression.

:wink:

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #71 of 214
isnt there a store in australia that carries woo audio? 

Jan 17, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #73 of 214
for the WA2, its worth it 
wink.gif

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #74 of 214
Quote:
isnt there a store in australia that carries woo audio? 

found the dealer's website. 

actually the price is not bad. 

however, now i am leaning to schiit lyr + bifrost combo. i know they should go very well with hd650, skylab reckoned vahalla went well with t1. i assume this combo should be good enough for me for a while. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #75 of 214
Quote:
found the dealer's website. 

actually the price is not bad. 

however, now i am leaning to schiit lyr + bifrost combo. i know they should go very well with hd650, skylab reckoned vahalla went well with t1. i assume this combo should be good enough for me for a while. 

oh, both wa2 and schiit use the same dealer. https://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Woo-Audio-12?page=2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back