1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best $50 Closed Gaming Headphones/Headset?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by moogleslam, Jun 17, 2011.
  1. moogleslam

It’s time for a new thread as my requirements have changed a little.  Namely, my budget for a headphone/headset has dropped from $100 to around $50 after I realized I need an upgrade for my onboard sound (as well as Dolby Headphone) so an ASUS Xonar DX shall soon be on its way.

Other requirements are the same:
    Closed/Around ear/Circum-aural (unfortunately, this really is a requirement, otherwise I would have already bought the AD700)
    Wired
    Doesn't need an amp
    Works well with Dolby Headphone
    Good for a variety of games including FPS where I want directional accuracy (CoD series, RAGE, Crysis etc), Driving (F1, Dirt 3), RPG (Diablo 2 & 3, Skyrim), NBA 2K/Live Series etc.

I have read Mad Lust Envy’s excellent post, but most of the headphones listed there are either too expensive, open, or both, so am looking for some fresh ideas.

2. spacemanspliff
    Jvc harx700 is pretty much it then.

3. moogleslam
    Hmmm, thanks for the reply - I've been reading about them for a couple of hours now, and it sounds like they may well be what I need!

4. SennheiserHD

sennheiser HD428 pretty accurate set of cans

5. ffdpmaggot
    how about the a700?