Best <$150 Headphones for me. PLEASE HELP
Dec 29, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #46 of 50

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So can they still isolate well while being on ear?

Yep, that is the HD-25, don't ask me to explain because I can't. They also leak very nominally. It's like magic.

Do i need an amp or adapter? or is it okay to just plug strait into the ol' iphone?

They're fairly efficient and low impedance, so they won't benifit TOO much from an amp. However, an amp almost always helps a little bit, but no It's not needed. You can drive them from an iphone fairly easily.

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #47 of 50
what does an amp even do?

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #48 of 50

Quote:
what does an amp even do?

In really really basic terms, it supplies power to a headphone. External amps provide more power, which in turn brings it closer to its full potential. There's a lot more science behind it, but I'm guessing you don't really need to know that.
wink_face.gif

If you want an analogy, imagine your headphones are a nice sports car. Your iPhone's internal amp is like putting some regular fuel in it. An external amp is like putting premium fuel in it.

Dec 29, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #49 of 50
OK, this is my first post, and I admit I know little-to-nothing when it comes to anything technical regarding headphones.  So, I think you and I are pretty much on the same page.  We both also listen to the same music; primarily techno/trance etc.  I recently - and by recently, I mean today - received my AT-m50 in the mail.  I've been jacked in for probably 4 hours solid so far, and I can say they are a really sweet sounding pair of headphones.  The bass and vocals sound nice.  I don't think the bass is too boomy (some do).  I purchased these after hours of reading through info on this forum.  Again, I'm a noob and don't know much, but I'm definitely not disappointed in my purchase. 

Dec 29, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #50 of 50
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back