Best ~$100 Amp? T3, E7, etc.
Aug 6, 2010 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

faisal2003456

100+ Head-Fier
I'm hunting down a amp/headphone combo. What would be the best around 100 dollar portable amp? I've seen the nuforce icon mobile, ibasso t3, fiio e7, and the total airhead. It doesn't have to be one of those. It doesn't even have to be a DAC. I just wan't the best sounding one. I mainly listen to orchestra and some rap. The source will be a iPod Classic using a LOD. Could someone link me to a short-length, cheap LOD? I've seen some cheap ones, but none were really as short as I wanted them to be. I haven't decided on the headphones yet. It seems like it's gonna be a ATH-A700 or Shure SRH440s. I know that this isn't the headphone section, but what are a good pair of headphones for the combination of music I listen to, that will also benefit from an amp?

Thank's in advance for any help. 
beyersmile.png

Aug 6, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #4 of 9
I've got my iPhone hooked up to a PA2V2 via LOD and I love it.  For $65.00 shipped it sounds fantastic.  Do some research on it.  Many have used it as their first amp.

Aug 6, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #8 of 9
Actually, I don't live in the US as of now. I'm gonna be shipping the amp overseas. If anything should go wrong during the build, I'd be screwed. Unless it's much easier than I think. I'm a starter fyi. I never had an amp and I've only had one pair of headphones and they were 10 buck Altec-Lansings. 

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #9 of 9
If you spend about $20 more than $100, you can get a mini^3. It is better than the PA2V2 and the sound quality is right up there with the $200+ amps. The Ibasso T3 is pretty good also, though I do not know how it fares with the PA2v2, I know that it is just a level below the mini^3, according to this (scroll down for the rankings):

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/214588/review-portable-amp-roundup-37-portable-amps-reviewed-and-compared

Users who are viewing this thread

Back